|Savery, Sarah / Diver, The|
|Add Date:||2014-02-14||Pull Date:||2014-04-18|
|Week Ending:||6 Apr||16 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||16 Feb|
|1.||Apr 03, 2014:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
|4.||Mar 14, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Mar 15, 2014:||Chillin' With Diego |
|5.||Feb 26, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
|3.||Mar 15, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Girl Gone Missing
|6.||Feb 17, 2014:||Meow |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Debut solo release from this multi talented performer, she recorded, produced & wrote all tracks. Safe, easy on the ears Electronica in that smooth ambient style, Nice vocals combining easily with the synths. I detect an undercurrent of darker material to come from this Scandinavian artist. I hope so.
Like: Pop version of Portishead,
For me: 10 &1 (both instrumentals) & 4 (with vocals)
FCC’s on 7* rest OK
1) Girl Gone Missing (2.16) Instrumental: Powerful constant mellow pounding.
2) Angel (4.46) Slow build up to this moody number. Not as strong as others.
3) The Diver (6.14) Upbeat 80’s style synth track to begin, then the machinery takes you into a more morose feeling- Ultravox like.
4) Closing Time (5:39) Simple, slow & velvety.
5) New Device (3.49) Restrained synths with sensuous voice.
6) Eyes Closed (3.48) More upbeat tempo in the background, sounds like a re-mix dance version waiting to happen.
7) *Chuck (4.15) Says ‘shit’ Weakest track for me. Part sung / spoken – Mid paced
8) Love Remains (3.21) Slow & spangly, with a dredging sound.
9) Sonoe (3.27) Another reflective track. Wispy vocals cutting through the sounds.
10) Shibuya Flower (4.11) Instrumental: Atmospheric & rich.
|1.||Girl Gone Missing||6.||Eyes Closed|
|3.||The Diver||8.||Love Remains|
|5.||New Device||10.||Shibuya Flower|