|Knelt Rote / Trespass|
|Label:||Nuclear War Now!|
|Add Date:||2014-02-28||Pull Date:||2014-05-02||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||4 May||20 Apr||13 Apr||9 Mar|
|1.||Apr 28, 2014:||Deathcrush |
|3.||Apr 07, 2014:||Deathcrush |
|2.||Apr 17, 2014:||Aporeia: Didgeridoo edition |
|4.||Mar 03, 2014:||Deathcrush |
A legit-seeming metal website informs me that Knelt Rote is a band out of Portland, OR that fuses elements of black metal with grindcore. Seems reasonable. Knelt Rote's website refers to tour dates as "live rituals." Most of the album is balls to the wall fast, lots of blast beat. If you like one of the tracks, you'll like most of them. Drums and vocals are the main attractions. Guitars, when audible, seem to hop between metal subgenres. Track 6 changes styles many times, definitely the most interesting song of the lot. No FCCs. (I'm sure they're not saying nice things, but I can't understand a word of it.)|
1. (3:39) fast drums, blast beat throughout, really guttural screaming
2. (3:34) more crazy fast drums and some fancy fretwork, more traditional chugging metal guitars toward the end.
3. (4:09) super heavy intro, slower beat. Oh wait shit just got real. Lots of raking guitar strings. Back to super fast.
4. *(3:00) off kilter super fast drums. Lots of epic stopping and starting. Absolutely insane driving guitars and drums in last minute, ends with choking sound.
5. *(2:33) Most intense screaming yet. Also quasi chanting.
6. **(11:13) Ambient electronic intro, then some big, slow, almost droney chords. Is this even the same band? Cavernous growling vocals and heavy drums. Speeds up at 3.5 min. Oscillates between mid-tempo heaviness and super fast heaviness. Back to dark, harsh ambiance with 3 min left.
7. (6:16) intro is jolting assault after last song. More blast beat. Big cheesy guitar riff 2/3 through.