|Ghost Bike / Sun Of The Dead|
|Album:||Sun Of The Dead||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-03-07||Pull Date:||2014-05-09|
|Week Ending:||11 May||4 May||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||May 07, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
Sun For A Lover
|4.||Apr 19, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|2.||May 03, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Apr 12, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|3.||Apr 29, 2014:||More Good Good |
|6.||Apr 05, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Sun Of The Dead
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Electronica in all its forms, producing exotic sensual sounds. Enough is on this release for most shows to get along happily with. Various singers are included which keeps the tracks fresh & vibrant. Israeli Vlad Shusterman, taking us on a musical voyage. Top Drawer.
Comparable to: Portishead, Massive Attack, – with a much harsher sound at times.
Play all: liking the most, 10,5,6
FCC’s * 11 - The rest OK
1) Ridiculous (4.59) Dancey, trancey & very nicey… with added submarine blips & spoken word. Chilling out in Goa or Ibiza time.
2) Sun For A Lover (4.59) Dreamy voice showcases in this slow-mid paced track, wailing towards the end in the background is great.
3) Boschian Bubble (4.38) Spoken word underneath a rainforest canopy soundscape.
4) Slaveship Earth (4.59) Steamy voice drives this gutsy one along, changes pace along the way – Has a metal quality to it.
5) Up In Her Room, Just Sleeping (4.43) Atmospheric chopped up vocals, slow paced winner.
6) One Step (5.45) Smooth & slow. Seductive sounding spoken word. Builds to a fuller rocking sound half way through.
7) Safe To The Edge (4.29) Liquidy sound, with distorted voice. Perhaps more assessable (poppy) than the others. Slow/Mid paced.
8) Love Song For Norway (4.50) This one has it all – Pianos tinkering, droney, distortion, half sung/spoken with effects.
9) The German Ocean (4.55) Instrumental that washed over me. Has the same feeling as the others, just not effective enough for me. Still good.
10) Unsay Unhear (5.08) Moody – Reminded me of “The The”, which can’t be bad. Slow paced un-nerving quality giving prominence to the vocals.
11) *Sublime (4.57) Slowing it up, with sparkly effects in a “Portishead” style. Couple of “Fucks” & suggestive lyrics.
|2.||Sun For A Lover||7.||Safe On The Edge|
|3.||Boschian Bubble||8.||Love Song For Norway|
|4.||Slaveship Earth||9.||The German Ocean|
|5.||Up In Her Room, Just Sleeping||10.||Unsay Unhear|