|Various Artists / Troxler, Seth/Illusion Nouveau, The|
|Album:||Troxler, Seth/Illusion Nouveau, The||Collection:||General|
COLL: Seth Troxler/Illusion Nouveau Label: Mixmag|
Seth Troxler is one of the biggest names in techno. But for Mixmag he takes everyone on a completely different journey. In order: Acoustic folk, downtempo, dub, trip-hop, abstract jazz, African tribal house, acid, disco, Latin, then dub. Where's the techno? Well, this mix is Troxler's way of bringing together all the exotic cousins in the electronica family. Magnificent work from a DJ's DJ. All good, pick a point and press play.
1. Slow and melancholy vocals, tinkling tones, tambourine touches
2. An oldie but a goodie - synths & organic nature, some snappy hi-hats
3. Groovy dub from Parisian techno-meister Pepe Bradock
4. Classic trip-hop w/ R&B vox and a funky beat
5. Dark and abstract jazz with Nick Cave-esque bassline
6. Analog warbling, deep bass, trippy percussive effects
7. Mostly a vocal snippet "deeper" looped over & over
8. Thumpin' African-style deep-house with spoken word - Classic King Britt style
9. Super-deep thumpin' beats with African-style spoken word and tribal percussion
10. Acieeeed! This is the techiest track so far - acid-warbles and a thumpin' beat
11. Techy-tribal gone amok. Absolutely wild percussion & funky guitars.
12. Straight-up disco! Fem vox, bassline, and funky guitars. Great fun.
13. Wonderful Latin-y percussion (marimbas!) and synths on this warm track.
14. Sexy dub, a nice book-end reprising Pepe Bradock.