|Roommate / Promo|
|Add Date:||2014-04-18||Pull Date:||2014-06-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 May||18 May||27 Apr|
|1.||Tue, 20 May 14:||DJ Krispy Kreme & Bacchus|
|3.||Thu, 01 May 14:||Sunshine|
May Day Sunshine ... in the Afternoon
|2.||Sat, 17 May 14:||Eme O|
|4.||Mon, 21 Apr 14:||Mayjahn|
Roommate – Promo|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/8/14
Dub/Future Dub/Electronic Dancehall/Dubstep. Bay Area producer (since moved to LA) with lots of guest toasters. Complex and rather disturbing production.
1. 4:14 ****reverby uptempo percussion-driven bop leads into downtempo stepping razor skank, lots of electronics and vibes, bits of roots vocals.
2. 4:31 ***slow, reverby dub bubble, lots of dancehall toasting. Gets VERY dubby midway through.
3. 4:33 ****downtempo electronic dub skank, high-speed monotonal (grimey) toast.
4. 4:33 ***same riddim, lots of “sirens” and urgency, apocalyptic toast.
5. 4:33 *** same riddim, gruff and rather looned out (and repetitive) toast.
6. 3:38 **** high speed strumming, groovy percussion, downtempo skank, rather Latin/Caribbean vibe, instrumental.
7. 4:27 ****slow electronic dub, deep-voiced toasting, woobles and echoes. Oh! Some dubstep. Grotty!
8. 4:14 ***sparse downtempo dub with bits of heavenly choir and some scary chanting. Atari game noises. Dubstep squeeps.
9. 3:26 *** ponderous, squeepy slow dub, rather pretty roots sing-jayng about freedom to protest.
10. 3:33 ***same riddim, Rasta religiousity chanting, like Burning Spear filtered through Sizzla…
11. 3:18 ****same riddim, nicely looned out toasting, with bits of the lyrics from track 9.
12. 3:40 **** sparse dub intro, downtempo skank (same riddim as track 1), several toasters, vibes, upful lyrics.
13. 5:57 ****keyboard and hi-hat boppy riddim, pretty singing. Swingy. Flute!