|Mexican Dubwiser / Electric City|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2014-04-18||Pull Date:||2014-06-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Jun||1 Jun||25 May||18 May||27 Apr|
|1.||Tue, 24 Nov 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|4.||Tue, 20 May 14:||DJ Krispy Kreme & Bacchus|
|2.||Thu, 12 Jun 14:||DJ LA|
Box of Chocolates (Another Sub)
|5.||Sat, 17 May 14:||Eme O|
|3.||Sat, 31 May 14:||Eme O|
|6.||Mon, 21 Apr 14:||Mayjahn|
Mexican Dubwiser – Electric City|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/11/14
Electronic Dance/Dub/Cumbia. Quite a stylistic mashup, with different vocalists on each track (some of which are more appealing than others, and a few of which have singular FCCs…) 9-12 are my (clean) favorites.
1. 3:46 **rockin bopper w/ horn section, pretty male harmonies in English. Gnarly keyboard arpeggios.
2. 4:08 *fast, chugging electronic cumbia with sexy female vocals– a bit commercial for my tastes.
3. 3:35 FCC: “shit” ***grunty, slightly downtempo electronic cumbia, rap vocal.
4. 3:17 ***boppy electronic syncopated groove with accordion, multiple rap vocals.
5. 3:33 FCC – sounds like a cut off “mother fu….” ****acoustic guitar intro, midtempo grunty electronics, swingy Monterrey groove, rap in Spanish.
6. 3:32 *midtempo swingy dance groove, pretty male vocals – rather commercial sound.
7. 4:09 ***syncopated mid-tempo bopper with gnarly electronics, male raps in Spanish and English. The chorus is a bit meh, but hey…
8. 4:08 FCC: - “suck, suck, suck” in the middle of a rap in Spanish… ****squeebles and groovy bongo, downtempo electronic cumbia.
9. 3:48 ****rapid, sparse electronic swingy groove, Jamaican-accented toast, all about drinking and dancing. Definitely danceable…
10. 2:09 ****low, grunty electronics and accordion, and Celso Pino. Slightly downtempo cumbia dub, just as advertised.
11. 4:13 ****downtempo grunty syncopated shuffle, cumbia accordion. Pretty, in a farty kinda way. Rap in Spanish.
12. 3:17 ****midtempo with honks and great bass sound, pretty female singing, rap in Spanish.
13. 3:01 **80’s guitar pop with pretty male singing, rather banal IMO, just a bit of grunty ploinky stuff.