|Laibach / Spectre|
|Add Date:||2014-04-18||Pull Date:||2014-06-20|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||11 May||27 Apr|
|1.||Jun 07, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Apr 23, 2014:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||May 10, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|4.||Apr 21, 2014:||Deathcrush |
See That My Grave Is Kept Clean
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Often disturbing, sinister sounds - made to go marching down to the shops to. Thought provoking, combined with that dark edgy humor – That is what you expect (me, in any case) from seminal Slovakian band Laibach. This release is not the industrial, experimental cutting edge of old. Some flicker of their dancier numbers & fun from the early-mid eighties, but none of that uneasiness that made them so appealing. Mixing it up between the low male growl & female vox. Originally similar to: Front 242, DiJ, E Neubauten, Nitzer Ebb, SPK, The Glove, Kraftwork…
Liking: 3 & just about 11 & 14 – Maybe I am missing something with this release.
FCC’s *2 Rest OK
1) The Whistleblowers (3.31) Starts off with a whistling military march (very similar to a risqué song that every British schoolboy used to know at an early age) Stomps along with the horns & big band feel.
2) *No History (3.17) Male & female vox. “Fucking” Bright & breezy enough. Distinctive Euro sound.
3) Eat Liver! (3.11) Pulsating throbbing blips. Shades of the old Laibach. Female voice delivers the liver…
4) Americana (4.29) Mild synthy number. Neither here nor there.
5) We Are Millions And Millions Are One (4.23) Thumps along, standard electro 80’s pop fare.
6) Eurovision (4.38) Think - “Ultravox’s- Vienna” without the atmosphere.
7) Walk With Me (3.55) Synth effects with both singers in this slowish heavy percussion paced track.
8) Bossanova (3.11) Faster pounding assault – wish it were an instrumental.
9) Resistance is Futile (6.55) Start is promising, then it goes all over the place. Very busy indeed.
10) Koran (5.22) Slowing it down, with piano accompaniment & occasional synth explosion.
11) The Parade (4.05) Happy Clappy...Horns add to the fun.
12) Love On The Beat (3.21) In French & English. Mixture of everything before.
13) Just Say No! (2.31) Beats banging along merrily.
14) See That My Grave Is Kept Clean (4.05) Up beat wild fun version of this classic.