|Artist:||Kisa Kerozina||Added:||May 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-05-09||Pull Date:||2014-07-11|
|Week Ending:||May 18||May 11|
|1.||May 14, 2014:||Brownian Motion
|2.||May 10, 2014:||Music Casserole
Review by Luis A. Apolaya
If Soundgarden had sung their early songs Croatian, they would have sounded something like this. There are loud guitars and bass, somewhat tame vocals and drums (the latter most likely because of the record’s production), and lyrics that sound sometimes threatening, sometimes admonishing. Meh. RIYL Soundgarden, The Afghan Whigs, Foo Fighters. Recommended: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7. FCC clean (for non-Croatian audiences, at least)
*1. (2:44) Mid-tempo, hazy guitar, dat bass doe, driving rhythm, hard not to nod your head at this one, finishes 10 seconds early.
2. (4:32) Mid-tempo, twangy guitar in the background, 4-chord formula.
*3. (3:22) Mid-fast, feels punky, angry guitars, distant vocals, almost like a track for one of those high-speed racing video games for the N64, ends suddenly 8 seconds early.
4. (3:34) Mid-tempo, ominous vocals to start, lots of guitar fuzz on chorus.
*5. (4:09) Mid-fast, interesting guitar riff throughout, rockin’, last third is a great guitar-centric instrumental, ends 7 seconds early.
*6. (5:50) Monotone distant vocals over glum guitars sounds and pacing drums, in chorus switches to somewhat of an outburst of guitars, instrumental interlude of guitars with wah-wah pedal, probably a bit too long, but I’m not sure.
*7. (2:20) Not as fast as some hardcore punk, but instruments are their loudest and most fierce in this track, bass drum almost sounds like bullets being fired, ends with sonic sketch, 10 seconds early.
8. (3:55) Has that mid-tempo late 80’s/early 90’s pop ballad feel with a post-punk bite, ends with that twangy guitar.
9. (4:28) Mid-tempo, hits the ground running, kinda repetitive after a minute.
10. (3:55) Mid-fast, echoey guitars, more four-chord formula, instrumental interlude makes guitar almost sound like French horn, ends with fading guitars.