|Album:||Flesh And Blood||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Butler, John Trio||Added:||May 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-05-30||Pull Date:||2014-08-01|
|Week Ending:||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 22||Jun 15||Jun 8||Jun 1|
|1.||Jun 23, 2015:||that's Not Bluegrass
Spring To Come
|4.||Jul 26, 2014:||Box of Chocolates
|2.||Nov 18, 2014:||funk to folk
Spring To Come, Wings Are Wide
|5.||Jul 22, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass
|3.||Jul 29, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass
Spring To Come
|6.||Jul 02, 2014:||A-Philiac
Label: Jarrah/MGM Reviewed: 5-22-14 by Young Mick
Veteran artist John Butler of Australia is a great innovator of roots rock.
These songs take influences from rock, folk, blues, and funk. If you don't know
John Butler Trio, you need to, so pop it in.
1. *** (4:13) Med/Fast, but not upbeat. Acoustic, finger-picked, light percussion, pretty but with energy.
2. *** (3:27) FCC's ("shit," "God damn") Medium. Much meaner. Electric guitar.
3. * (4:57) Medium. Rolling rock. Not that great.
4. *** (5:20) Med/Slow. Softer but builds, acoustic, pretty, harmonized vocals. Very mellow.
5. *** (2:59) Faster. Upbeat. ROCK. Slightly funky.
6. *** (6:08) Slow, rock groove, kinda mean, dark-ish, repetitive. Noisy solo section.
7. ***** (3:39) Upbeat, after a minute it's happy, island drums, nice chorus.
8. **** (5:35) Slow, very sweet and pretty, acoustic, quiet, beat sounds like heart.
9. ***** (5:50) Starts with thunder, birds, chanting. Builds to BEAUTIFUL, slow stroll.
10. **** (4:13) Medium, very upbeat. Builds for 1 minute. Very jammable.
11. *** (5:33) Very slow. Very mellow, heady, but with constant drum roll.
|1.||Spring To Come||6.||Blame It On Me|
|2.||Livin' In The City||7.||Only One|
|3.||Cold Wind||8.||Young And Wild|
|4.||Bullet Girl||9.||Wings Are Wide|
|5.||Devil Woman||10.||How You Sleep At Night|