|Young Magic / Breathing Statues|
|Add Date:||2014-05-30||Pull Date:||2014-08-01|
|Week Ending:||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun||8 Jun|
|1.||Jul 26, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|4.||Jul 12, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Jul 19, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Jul 12, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|3.||Jul 12, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
|6.||Jul 10, 2014:||Amber Waves |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Second release from duo Melati Malay (voice) & Isaac Emmanuel. Laid back dreamy quality, smooth, chilled out ambient sounds. The perfect addition for those long steamy summer nights ahead. Sure to be a winner on the beach side cafes of Ibiza.
Similar to: Portishead, Massive, et al.
Good: The rest
FCC’s *8 Rest OK
1) One (0.29) Brief but so good- affected vocals– Sets the tone for what is to follow.
2) Fall In (2.57) Perfect soundtrack for those mellow sensual moods.
3) Foxglove (3.15) Slightly more of an up beat tempo – hypnotic beats.
4) Something In The Water (3.28) Slow & low with just the right amount of percussion keeping it going.
5) Ageless (4:32) Airy track in similar vain to the others – Not as strong.
6) Cobra (3.16) Very chilled, background voice & fiery sounds blended together.
7) Holographic (5.16) More assessable, tribal beats keep you swaying.
8) Mythnomer* (3.47) Slightly disjointed sound with a grimy edge “Fuck it” mentioned a few times. Slow male rap accompanies the female voice.
9) Waiting For The Ground To Open (5.23) Fuller richer sound – Captures all the elements from the previous tracks. A bit busy, until the slow conclusion.
10) Captcha (2.41) Duush Duush – Harder edge to it, although keeps within that chilled out zone. Lush sound, could easily go on for 20 minutes-Shame it doesn’t.
|4.||Something In The Water||9.||Waiting For The Ground To Open|