|Album:||Azusa The Next Generation||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Walker, Hezekiah||Added:||Jun 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06||Pull Date:||2014-08-08|
|Week Ending:||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 15|
|1.||Nov 19, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Grace (Feat. Brian Courtney Wilson)
|4.||Apr 30, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Lead Me To That Rock
|2.||Aug 20, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Lead Me To That Rock
|5.||Feb 19, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
No Greater Love
|3.||Aug 06, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Breakthrough, More Than A Conqueror
|6.||Jan 15, 2023:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
Gospel album by gospel great Hezekiah Walker. This a great musician and choir director and does some amazing things on here musically. Also has some great guest spots from the likes of Donnie McClurkin, Deitrick Haddon and John P. Kee. Styles vary from traditional gospel, praise and worship, to dance tracks. No FCCs. My Favorite tracks are 3, 6 and 7. This review was completed by Daniel Reese of Lift Jesus Higher.
1) 7:24 - Medium/Slow tempo. Elec Piano, electric guitars, light horn sections and what sounds like a zylophone round out the musical feel, along with a 5-7 piece drum set carrying the rhythm. Very upbeat, which goes well with the words to this song.
2) 6:49 - Medium tempo. A remake of a currently popular praise song. Deitrick Haddon is the guest vocalist. Electric guitars, snares and kicks and a chime sounding instrument carry the verses and much of the song altogether and give it more of a rock-edgy feel.
*3) 4:36 - Medium/fast tempo. Old School, take us back to CHUUCH feel complete with clapping, horns, drums and the Hammond B-5 Organ.
4) 6:25 - Slow tempo. Very nice worshipful feel with some edgy instrumentation thrown in give this song what it needs to get thrown into my personal song rotation. Electric guitars, piano, jazz-type drum patterns round of the musical end. Powerful song.
5) 5:27 - Medium tempo. Piano, electric guitars, trumpets and cool breakdowns give this song a feel that, musically, make you want to dance.
*6) 5:53 - Medium/slow tempo. Nice acoustic feel to this song. Acoustic guitars, drums, organ, electric guitars round out the instrumentation.
*7) 2:31 - Medium tempo. (Donnie McClurkin) Nice piano and organ accompaniment. Throw in some horns, drums and great voices and you have a song that's winning.
8) 7:58 - Slow to Medium tempo. Elec guitars, congas, and drums carry the music along with some ambient sounds thrown in, along with a chime of some sort.
9) 6:33 - Medium/Fast tempo. Piano, horns, drums, elec guitars. Guest appearances (John P. Kee) on the vocals.
10) 5:08 - Fast tempo. Basic instrumentation, the usual suspects but a very upbeat feel make this song not just "sound like the rest", so to speak. Another track that might make you dance if you aren't careful.