|Dtcv / Hilarious Heaven|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06||Pull Date:||2014-08-08|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun|
|1.||Jan 15, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of The Decade So Far (2010-2014)...The Sequel! |
|4.||Jul 22, 2014:||Meow |
Gone 2 Quickly
|2.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014 |
|5.||Jul 15, 2014:||Meow |
|3.||Aug 02, 2014:||Music Casserole |
J'irai Pas, How Not To Be
|6.||Jul 14, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Electrostatic, Inc., Creative Class Dismissed
As Reviewed By Mister Esquire.|
I couldn't ruin that cover.
The artwork is by Robert Pollard.
DTCV (aka Detective) features James Greer (ex-GBV), Guylaine Vivarat (she has a very sultry voice.)and Chris Dunn. sound is all over the map: GBV, jangle pop, psych, krautrock, and prog.
intended as concept album? perhaps. short inter chapters of found sound, telephone calls, instrumentation, etc.
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
FCC WARNING: 21.
SOUNDS LIKE: GBV/POLLARD/TOBIN SPROUT, CINEMA RED AND BLUE, STEREOLAB, SOFT MACHINE, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDOMEOW/GO COMEOWTOSE.
1. telegraph signals fro outer space, male announcer. short.
2. fem vox. GBV with a lil' bar band that could vibe.
3. galloping gits. mid fast. mal vox.
4. PURR-FECT: kicks ass. play now =mach meow!
5. short git lude.
6. fem vox. meander pop.
7. short voicemail =he's pissed!
8. Cinema Red and Blue.
9. short robotic fem voice explaining what a synth is.
10. PURR-FECT II (TIE):synthey, sultry, discoish. think: Tamaryn, Still Corners.
11. ghosty short instrumental. leads into...
[PLAY 11&12 TOGETHER FOR BEST EFFECT.]
12. fast and rockin' number. mal vox.
13. short synthy lude.
14. haunted carnival. goes into slow gits. vox kick in. then flute (very 70's prog.)
15. people speaking French. then...gunshots.
16. PURR-FECT II (TIE): it's epic, baby! fem vox.
17. very GBV in lurchy state.
18. PURR-FECT II (TIE): sad piano -I like piano! fem vox ala Karen Carpenter.it's epic, baby!
19. anti-commie propaganda from 50's. short.
20. PURR-FECT II (TIE): it's epic, baby! rocks.
21. FCC WARNING: BULLSHIT, MOTHERFUCKER, MOTHERFUCKIN, FUCKIN', ET AL. (it's the voicemail guy again! boy is he pissed!)
22. psych pop. good harmonies. Indian flavor. marchy. Quilt.
23. found sound.
24. PURR-FECT II (TIE):very soft begin, into fem vox. trippy. meanders all proggy, epic, meander...
25. FCC WARNING? MAYBE (HE'S SCOTTISH.).
26. good ending. slow, long build up. voices keep joining in till the very end.