|Makthaverskan / Ii|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2014-06-13||Pull Date:||2014-08-15|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun|
|1.||Thu, 02 Nov 17:||Sam I Am|
butterscotch memory: run for cover
|4.||Mon, 30 Mar 15:||Pixel|
|2.||Tue, 14 Feb 17:||a.b. en masse|
satin fever - lovesick edition
|5.||Thu, 08 Jan 15:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|3.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Away|
The Final Sunset
|6.||Sat, 02 Aug 14:||Eme O|
Grand post-punk from a five-piece out of Gothenburg, Sweden. The band’s sound is great—expansive and explosive and cathartic and catchy, too fast for 80s 4AD. But it’s frontwoman Maja Milner who makes these songs heart stopping and addictive. Her singing is absolutely rad—makes me think of a furious Elizabeth Fraser. Play this and envy her voice with me. All are good, but 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are standouts. FCC WARNING: 1, 7.|
1. *(3:18)—FCC (chorus is “f*** you, f*** you”). Fast, pissed-off, hypnotic, triumphant. This song rules, but sadly is only for safe-harbor.
2. *(4:05)—Medium-fast. Glittery, straightforward, toward 80s pop.
3. *(3:05)—Fast, punky, dreamy—similar victorious feel as track 1.
4. *(3:15)—Mid-tempo. Moody bass line, shining poppy guitars.
5. *(3:15)—Fast, back to punk. Guitars remind me a lot of The Chameleons UK here.
6. (4:11)—Slow. “Be My Baby” beat. But it’s heavy!
7. (5:04)—FCC (multiple f***s). Fast. About a controlling jerk of an ex-boyfriend.
8. (2:41)—Fast, toward goth. Into the mosh pit you go!
9. (3:41)—Starts as slow, dreamy balladry reminiscent of Cocteau Twins. Picks up speed at the halfway point.
|3.||Slowly Sinking||7.||No Mercy|