Honestly, we all know the Black Keys. This album is less poppy than previous ones. Consistent echo-ey, trancy sound throughout most songs. But solid variety, too. Great album. Only FCC track 10.
1. ***** (6:50) Alternates between super heady, super cool, super groovy. Vocals @ 2:10.
2. *** (4:28) Sounds almost like a rock version of tango.
3. *** (3:43) Slower. Pretty heady, odd sound effects.
4. **** (4:06) Upbeat. Did the B-52's rub off a little on these guys? Synth. Fun song.
5. *** (3:48) Upbeat. Medium. Nothing special.
6. ***** (4:16) Slow. Whoa, sounds like My Morning Jacket! Picks up ~1:05. Dynamic song!
7. ***** (3:11) @ 1:31 What just happened?! Yes, awesomeness. Best solo/jam on album.
8. *** (3:37) Quieter, acous. and clean elec. guitars, keys, no drums. Builds a bit to 1:54.
9. *** (3:33) Punchy drums. I need more synth!
10. **** (4:38) FCC (bullshit, 1:33). Slower. Beautiful. Changes dramatically @ 1:12 & 3:10. Odd, long fade last 30 s.
11. **** (3:02) Medium. Rockin', rollin'. GREAT song for drivin'.