|Bombay Royale, The / Island Of Dr. Electrico, The|
|Album:||Island Of Dr. Electrico, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Bombay Royale, The||Added:||Jun 2014|
|Label:||Hope Street Recordings|
|Add Date:||2014-07-11||Pull Date:||2014-09-12|
|Week Ending:||Sep 14||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 20||Jul 13|
|1.||Sep 08, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Hooghly Night Patrol, Tere Bina
|4.||Aug 18, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|2.||Sep 04, 2014:||Amber Waves |
|5.||Aug 02, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|3.||Aug 24, 2014:||Pentagonal Banana |
(Give Me Back My) Bunty Bunty, Wild Stallion Mountain
|6.||Jul 26, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Hooghly Night Patrol
The Bombay Royale|
The Island Of Dr Electrico
Reviewed by BravoMarco
This is the follow up to their mighty 2012 debut “You Me Bullets Love” Australia’s, The Bombay Royale, have again released another winner. An homage to Indian classic film soundtracks of the 1960’s & 70’s. This displays elements of out and out funk from the 70’s, Disco, Electro, Classic Pop, Psychedelic flourishes & at times sounds straight out of a Spaghetti Western. Not sure if any of these (or previous tracks) have been used by Quentin Tarantino – They all have that feel to them. Sung for the most part in Hindi & Bengali - Male & Female duets.
Great addition to KZSU: Play All: In Particular 1,4,6,7,8,10,11
No Detectable FCC’s
1) Ankhiyan (3.12) The best opening 30 seconds of 2014…the rest is pretty good too – Duet with some big sounds on display.
2) Wild Stallion Mountain (3.38) Mid paced pop & glitter done well – The horses galloping & neighing add to that quality kitschiness. Like Abba with lasers & thoroughbreds.
3) Khubsoorat Bewafa (3.41) Smooth & silky – a slowed down trance version of “Atomic” by Blondie
4) Henna Henna (2.43) Slower & more sensual opening & then it all goes “Gogol Bordello” on us – Top Drawer.
5) Tere Bina (4.05) The Cramps meet Bollywood & then it becomes a loungey masterpiece.
6) Hooghly Night Patrol (5.25) Mean & Moodiness subtle melodies combined with intergalactic 80’s madness.
7) (Give Me Back My) Bunty Bunty (3.42) Surely a live smash hit. A spoof James Bond soundtrack if ever there was one….”I don’t have your Bunty Bunty”
8) Gyara 59 (3.56) Latin elements under a slow burning romantic charmer.
9) The Bombay Twist (3.02) The title says it – Upbeat & dancey, mixing up the cultures & sounds. Lots of fun.
10) The Island of Dr Electrico (4.30) Rare groove Indian style.
11) Falcon’s Landing (1.55) More charged with a 60’s garage feel. Instrumental
12) The River (4.52) Sung in English, Slow to mid paced. A busy track.
|1.||Ankhiyan||7.||(Give Me Back My) Bunty Bunty|
|2.||Wild Stallion Mountain||8.||Gyara 59|
|3.||Khubsoorat Bewafa||9.||The Bombay Twist|
|4.||Henna Henna||10.||The Island Of Dr Electrico|
|5.||Tere Bina||11.||Falcon's Landing|
|6.||Hooghly Night Patrol||12.||The River|