Katy Goodman (ex-Vivian Girls) is La Sera.
almost Mass Meowcore, but not quite:
doesn't suffer the blanding of Mass Meowcore; retains punk/garge/etc., roots.
poppy, surfy, garagey, jangly, new wavey, samey.
her vocals sound so much like Debbie Harry it makes my cheekbones melt.
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
SOUNDS LIKE: VIVIAN GIRLS, DUM DUM GIRLS, SHES, BEST COAST, SEAPONY, DEBBIE HARRY/BLONDIE, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDOMEOW/YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT.
1. PURR-FECT II (TIE): fasty, drivey, bitchy.
2. slow to mid, dreamy. summery...
3. PURR-FECT II (TIE): fast and driving. channeling Dee Dee Penny channeling Chrissie Hynde. she still sounds like Debbie Harry. vintage 80's new wave.
4. PURR-FECT II (TIE): mid fast. Paisley Undergroundish. coulda been a Bangles tune.
5. PURR-FECT II (TIE): driving, damaged, so catchy.
6. PURR-FECT: happy git begin. and it stays that way. 'it is the hour of the dawn...' watch out! -guitar solo.
7. PURR-FECT II (TIE): fast, driving. dark vocal passage. Blondie.
8. mid-fast, psych pop.
9. jangles. yearny.
10. PURR-FECT II (TIE): like a Vivian Girls meltdown (it's over, baby!)