|Sister Speak / Rise Up For Love|
|Album:||Rise Up For Love||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-07-25||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|
|Week Ending:||21 Sep||14 Sep||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul|
|1.||Sep 20, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Rise Up For Love
|4.||Aug 16, 2014:||Fishbowl |
|2.||Sep 12, 2014:||Octagonal Banana |
|5.||Aug 16, 2014:||Trail Mix |
|3.||Aug 21, 2014:||Homeward Bound |
|6.||Aug 07, 2014:||Binders full of sopranos |
Goodby My Lover
Debut album from San Diego Indie Folk outfit Sister Speak. I love this. Sherri (singer and songwriter) has an amazing voice. This album makes clear their influence of bands like Fleetwood Mac. RIYL: Neko Case, First Aid Kit, Fleetwood Mac, Dixie Chicks, Okkervil River (kind of...).|
Recommended Tracks: ALL! (I cant choose)
1. (2:51) Chicago Dream: Comes out of the gates with a song that I cant get out of my head. That voice is amazing.
2. (3:56) Goodbye My Lover - Down tempo, beautiful imagery in the lyrics and amazing harmonies on the chorus. (She is saying Ship not Shit)
3. (3:36) Lady Love - Strumming on the guitar and another beautiful vocal performance (I know I am starting to get repetitive), there is a slight build around minute 1.
4. (1:28) Mirror (I) - Starts with a slow build to an echoey vocal "Can you hear me? Can you feel me?"
5. (3:22) Mirror (II) - Faded into by the previous track. More blues-rock feel to this one with pleading lyrics and a great drum beat.
6. (3:42) Rise Up For Love - Acoustic guitar and that voice. What more could you need? You get a little more toward the middle of the song.
7. (3:44) Mountain Song - More up tempo driven by an awesome baseline and a rhythmic guitar part.
8. (3:33) Comin' Back - This song is super sweet, pop-country vibe.
9. (3:50) Say You Will - Super mellow, reminds me of Lullaby by Dixie Chicks.
10. (3:18) Honestly - This one has a bit of attitude and that rock-country vibe.
|1.||Chicago Dream||6.||Rise Up For Love|
|2.||Goodby My Lover||7.||Mountain Song|
|3.||Lady Love||8.||Comin' Back|
|4.||Mirror I||9.||Say You Will|