|Add Date:||2014-08-01||Pull Date:||2014-10-03|
|Week Ending:||Sep 28||Aug 24||Aug 17||Aug 10|
|1.||Jan 09, 2015:||The Sunset Life (2014 Favorites, Part 2)
|4.||Aug 14, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|2.||Sep 25, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|5.||Aug 06, 2014:||Brownian Motion
|3.||Aug 21, 2014:||The Sunset Life
1. (1:17)—Dirge with clanging percussion.
2. *(5:52)—No drums or percussion. Warping, dark, churchlike tones. Choral vocals. Gritty early Swans bass.
3. (3:13)—Glitchy wind sounds, electronic chimes. Hymn-like second half.
4. (6:33)—Funereal, eerie (appropriately called “The Chant”). Minimal intro, then Swans distortion. Spacey second half.
5. *(4:05)—Starts like recent Scott Walker, then turns into a big and kind of poppy and mesmerizing tropical thing.
6. (1:01)—Bright, simple, soft keyboards. Blaring second half.
7. (3:16)—Thick synths, samples of cheering that sound downright scary here.
8. *(5:51)—Soft, droning, ceremonial, widescreen, with very brief but epic vocals.
9. *(4:35)—Minimal but emotionally overwhelming first half, with standout singing. Hellish, almost metallic final third.
10. *(6:37)—Ambient piano. Majestic and heavily reverbed vocals. Swells to a grand finale. Reminds me a lot of Brendan Perry’s Dead Can Dance tracks.
|1.||Moonshine And Lion||6.||3c1|
|4.||The Chant||9.||Only Medicine|
|5.||Been To The Water||10.||Thine|