|Metronomy / Love Letters|
|Label:||Elektra Records (East Coast)|
|Add Date:||2014-09-05||Pull Date:||2014-11-07|
|Week Ending:||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 21|
|1.||Jun 25, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Jul 25, 2016:||ZoëRadio |
|2.||Aug 19, 2016:||The Intercept |
|5.||Jun 08, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|3.||Aug 05, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Apr 27, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
Fourth studio album from British electronic group Metronomy is more like a new lo-fi indie pop album then an electronic album. Actually, I would never have known that they were an electronic group if this album were the only one I had ever heard. It is a great record, super different, very cool melodies and unique instrumentation. Simple yet catchy songs. Good through and through.|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8
1. (4:16) The Upsetter - Very simple drum machine beat and some synth, guitars build in later. Psychedelic feeling vocal, falsetto chorus.
2. (3:34) I'm Aquarius - Starts off minimalistic, much more electronic in the chorus and an overall alt-electronic feel, super mellow though.
3. (3:53) Monstrous - This song is run by the keyboard, one of my favorites. Infectious melody but keeping in that minimalist lo-fi vein. I didn't know electronic music could be lo-fi!
4. (5:16) Love Letters - Title track. Horns populate the beginning of the track and it builds into a psychedelic feeling chant of "love letters" as the chorus, then more of that awesome voice and some simple piano chords over a simple yet uptempo drum beat.
5. (3:27) Month Of Sundays - Down tempo, dreamy.
6. (4:19) Boy Racers - More synth and super electronic beat, instrumental.
7. (3:52) Call Me - Another great melody, singing and keyboard/synth are completely in synch at the beginning of the track, drums build in with some other cool sound effects and a more intricate beat.
8. (4:31) The Most Immaculate Haircut - "He's got the most immaculate hair cut, and with the right dye and shampoo, maybe i could to!" That is all.
9. (3:15) Reservoir - Jumpy synth driven track, still with that minimalist flare. Mid-tempo.
10. (4:36) Never Wanted - Super dreamy, drums only come in about 3/4 of the way through with some rich sounding guitar.
|1.||The Upsetter||6.||Boy Racers|
|2.||I'm Aquarius||7.||Call Me|
|3.||Monstrous||8.||The Most Immaculate Haircut|
|5.||Month Of Sundays||10.||Never Wanted|