|Add Date:||2014-08-08||Pull Date:||2014-10-10||Charts:||Electronic|
|Week Ending:||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 21||Sep 14||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24|
|1.||Dec 02, 2023:||Music Casserole
|4.||Feb 12, 2015:||The Sunset Life
|2.||Oct 19, 2017:||808s and Satanic Nites
Love Is Distraction
|5.||Jan 09, 2015:||The Sunset Life (2014 Favorites, Part 2)
The Body You Deserve
|3.||Nov 12, 2015:||radio seven
The Body You Deserve
|6.||Oct 08, 2014:|| In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand
1. (3:48)—Very slow, ominous, bass-heavy—a trunk rattler heard in a dream.
2. *(4:49)—Sharper, more propulsive, but still calm.
3. (4:42)—Instrumental. Dubby, funky, with some samples of laughter.
4. *(3:47)—Gleaming melancholy. Very pretty, approaching ambient territory.
5. (5:16)—More robotic. Percussion is busy but not driving.
6. (7:18)—Longer but sedate all the way through. Buzzy synths.
7. *(5:28)—Heavier low-end. Slinking through dark alleyways.
8. *(5:29)—Minimal beat. The low-light synths are especially seductive. Ambient outro. My favorite.
1. bouncing drums, ultra low/slow baseline and 808 riff. “this time, i’m going to love you much better”
2. scratchy house drum/pad patterns, echoing drums, clear Sade vocals. not a standout here.
3. instrumental. more deep, in-your-gut bass drumwork. an airy three-note synth riff carries through song.
4. brittle drum hits fade in and out, minimal and excellent synthesizer threading around her vocals.
5. repeating bass drum hit for almost the entire song, handclaps, her vocals layered in rare moment for the album (“i’m in love with myself”). titled “wet dream,” maybe an fcc problem.
***6. one of my favorite songs so far this year, the gem on this album. fades in with big arena drums, beautifully sculpted organ tones, quiet storm vocals. finishes with unexpected woodwind/noise flourishes in second half.
***7. movie score bass synths over clipping sub-bass, overtaken by higher synth wash at the end. distorted/alluring vocals are my favorite on the album.
8. propelled by simple, plodding drum beat and electric bass. their noiserock roots shine through in the background drone. more standout vocals with rare spoken work moments.
|1.||Give It Up||5.||Wet Dream|
|2.||Blue Sunshine||6.||Love Is Distraction|
|3.||Feels Like Love||7.||Chinatown Style|
|4.||Soul Sleep||8.||The Body You Deserve|