|Add Date:||2014-08-15||Pull Date:||2014-10-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 28||Sep 21||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24|
|1.||Oct 17, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Taki Rari, Pondicherry Surf
|4.||Oct 07, 2014:||Deep Sea Didgeridoo
|2.||Oct 14, 2014:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
|5.||Oct 07, 2014:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
|3.||Oct 09, 2014:||The Extended Morning
Coyote In The Land Of The Dead
|6.||Oct 04, 2014:||Music Casserole
El Final Del Pachanga, Taki Rari
Each track is different & what stitches them together is the funky, versatile & operatic voice of Kamala Sankaram, a colatura soprano. Yma Sumac, a Peruvian soprano is the muse that inspired
this group of musicians & that explains the operatic influence you hear in almost all the tracks. Kamala Sankaram has worked with Philip Glass Ensemble & Anti-Social music.
Try 1, 2,6. 7, 8,9,10
1. Latin sounding track that makes you want to get up & dance.An interesting twist is the operatic voice that works in an unexpected sort of way.
2. Classical Hindustani classical tune sung in a funky, operatic fashion.
3. Slow & mesmerizing track.
4. A reimagined version of Dum Maro Dum, a classic Bollywood song from 1970s. A brave attempt.
5. A mellow surf tune with operatic overtones that works.
6. A bit of Afro-Caribbean influence & a big of surf guitar. Funky.
7. This ballad instantly reminds you of Western films & cowboys. Lovely.
8. Queen of the Rhumba - instead it should say Queen of the Opera - this track shines light on the extraordinary range of Kamala Sankaram’s voice.Reminds you of an aria from the operas.
9. Opening notes reminds you of Django Reinhardt’s music + western films.Nice.
10. The Ventures that is what you think in the first few seconded & then Kamala’s voice kicks in & suddenly the tune turns into something very different. Kind of interesting.
Kamla Aug, 2014
|1.||Taki Rari||6.||El Final Del Pachanga|
|2.||Bombay 5.0||7.||Coyote In The Land Of The Dead|
|3.||Promontory Summit||8.||Queen Of The Rhumba|
|4.||Dum Maro Dum||9.||Pilgrim|
|5.||Pondicherry Surf||10.||Tuco's Last Stand|