|Dead Stars / Slumber|
|Artist:||Dead Stars||Added:||Aug 2014|
|Label:||Old Flame Records|
|Add Date:||2014-09-05||Pull Date:||2014-11-07|
|Week Ending:||Sep 14|
|1.||Sep 13, 2014:||Space House |
Never Knew You
brooklyn fuzz/power pop, boring as an album but with a couple good songs. some nice and clean guitar, solos with a lot of variety, very traditional song structures. recommended if you like REM, cloud nothings instrumentals, bob mould. |
1. big thumpy garage drums and whining (in a good way), cymbaly chorus. distorted solo at 2:15. ends with picking
2. sounds kinda like dookie-era green day with guitar and delivery. can’t get past the chorus on this one honestly.
***3. more big ol’ drums and high-pitched guitar solo to start. higher vocals on this one work super well. ends with another, twangy solo.
4. melancholy, splashy rocker (“i can crawl away if you want”). vocals shift higher in the last 30s.
5. optimistic 90s REM with harmonizing, pop song structure. some nice low and distorted guitar work at the bridge.
6. rare acoustic moment, quiet and low vocals with higher backing. aging-punk, bob mould vibes.
***7. excellent strained vocals, sounds near tears. quiet and tight drums and super clean, almost acoustic-sounding guitar. solo at 3:00. ends on one long, fading chord.
8. distant and detached pop peppered with quick drumstick hits throughout. more superclean guitar until a quick and messy solo
9. slowest track. winding, low guitar with some random shimmers over lyrics about loss of love. overdrive guitar over chorus.
10. more slow. winding and distorted guitar punctuated by bass hits. takes off in crashing drums and guitar during/after chorus before returning to more restrained sound.
***11. i really like the quick and punchy guitar at throughout, which also make for a great solo around 1:50. depressing aging musician lyrics: “if i could face the truth, i would lie”
12. slow and acoustic at the start, harmonizing ooo’s. boring end for the album.
|1.||Someone Else||7.||Never Knew You|
|3.||Walking Away||9.||Dreaming To Forget|
|6.||Older||12.||Heal Over Time|