|Staples, Chris / American Soft|
|Add Date:||2014-09-12||Pull Date:||2014-11-14|
|Week Ending:||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep|
|1.||Thu, 11 Dec 14:||Zoë|
|4.||Fri, 31 Oct 14:||Francis D|
|2.||Thu, 06 Nov 14:||Zoë|
|5.||Thu, 30 Oct 14:||Zoë|
|3.||Sat, 01 Nov 14:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|6.||Thu, 30 Oct 14:||Mister Esquire|
Pensacola, FL native Chris Staples is also the front man for Discovering America. This is his 6th solo album, first released on Barsuk. It is super simple, mostly acoustic, and mostly awesome. Clearly a gifted songwriter. These are definitely sleepy songs, but I like the album cover to cover. RIYL: Vetiver, Death Cab, Ben Kweller, Elliott Smith, Pinback, Blind Pilot|
Play all of the songs...especially: 4, 5, 7, 8
1. (2:48) Walking With A Stranger - Guitar and vocals, simple, mellow, beautiful.
2. (3:09) Hold Onto Something - Slightly faster paced (not too much though), a little added keyboard and drums and tambouring come in later.
3. (3:12) Black Tornado - Up tempo, some hand claps, perhaps some uke? This is for sure the lead single. Catchy, well produced.
4. (3:27) Dark Side Of The Moon - Super sweet love song, one of my favorites.
5. (2:28) Where We Used To Be - Love the instrumentation on this one. It actually has a some base, and some jazzy sounding guitar.
6. (2:19) Wurlitzer - This is an instrumental track, and it is fucking awesome. Reminiscent of a Pinback song.
7. (2:26) Grand Coulee Band - Up tempo (for this album). The most rock sounding of any track. Super cool.
8. (3:40) Overpaid - Another track with drums!! Kind of sad and depressing if you listen to the lyrics closely enough though.
9. (3:37) Needle Park - Mid tempo, kind of my least favorite, almost garage rocky?
10. (4:10) Early Bird Tavern - Folk ballad, slow and steady to finish off the record.
|1.||Walking With A Stranger||6.||Wurlitzer|
|2.||Hold Onto Something||7.||Grand Coulee Band|
|4.||Dark Side Of The Moon||9.||Needle Park|
|5.||Where We Used To Be||10.||Early Bird Tavern|