I would like to start by saying how incredibly excited I was when I found out that Avi Buffalo was finally putting out a second record after a 3 year hiatus. This album, out on Sub Pop, has been long awaited by fans of their first self titled album. Avi is 23 now, out of high school, and hard at work. The work shows. This album is awesome. Please enjoy!
Recommended Tracks: All!! (But 2 and 5 have FCCs)
1. (3:23) So What - Such a great start. The expected amazing melody, clever lyrics, beautiful and simple instrumentation. So happy that this record is finally out!!
2. FCC WARNING BITCH, FUCK (4:11) Memories Of You - Bummer this song has an FCC. His voice has really evolved over the years. Love this song though, has a great guitar jam outro.
3. (3:19) Can't Be Too Responsible - Slower, less of a guitar focus, makes it easier to focus on the vocals, which is awesome as always with Avi.
4. (1:43) Two Cherished Understandings - Acoustic guitar, some Avi style upper register singing, short and sad.
5. FCC WARNING FUCKING (4:03) Overwhelmed With Pride - More acoustic guitar, awesome harmonies and backing vocals, can't play it though.
6. (3:07) Found Blind - Up tempo pop song, some surf rock elements.
7. (3:05) She Is Seventeen - Down tempo with a country twangy guitar and awesome piano part. This kid's melodies are insanely good.
8. (2:58) Think It's Gonna Happen Again - Some falsetto and an almost psych feel. Still Avi Buffalo's unique style through and through. Up tempo, awesome drums, great variety throughout this song.
9. (5:29) Oxygen Tank - "a man carrying an oxygen tank is gonna come kill me and my family too, if don't stop seeing you, if I don't start seeing through those lies you tell me every day, I know it's not the same things you say to him." Yeah. Woah.
10. (3:50) Won't Be Around No More - Down tempo, folky, very pretty.