EDJ, EDJ. Indie folk / Indie rock / Indie Pop / Folk. Eric D. Johnson is the former front man of The Fruit Bats. He refers to this album as “Melancholy grooves and existential make-out songs.” RIYL: Fruit Bats, Tame Impala, The Shins, Califone, Blitzen Trapper, Dr. Dog, FCC clean
1. (5:31) * 2 acoustic guitars, brushwork, cymbals, and bass drum for percussion. Electric guitar and piano. Chill indie folk sound with bouncy melody.
2. (3:25) ** Chill folk with a psychedelic country western acoustic
3. (4:13) Mellow electric guitar and constant bass drum beat. Later in the song, pulsating guitar with chill background.
4. (3:39) **Piano, drums, and high tenor vocals. Somewhat sparse and mostly piano. Picks up with clapping.
5. (1:51) Trippy western soundscape, piano synth, underlying echoed percussion. Instrumental.
6. (0:31) piano instrumental.
7. (3:32) **Solid country western groove. Psychedelic. Weird pulsating vocal track “Hoo” over and over again in the background. Clapping and chill melody.
8. (4:08) Sparse poppy percussion with vocals. Instrumentals enter with cymbal, piano, acoustic guitar.
9. (3:03) Piano + atmospheric background with vocals. Something of a soulful ballad. Nice song.
10. (3:27) * Electric guitar, piano, drums, and vocal layers. Echoey psychedelic vocals. Pretty alt-country song.
11. (2:11) Atmospheric instrumental