|Edj / Edj|
|Label:||Easy Sound Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2014-09-19||Pull Date:||2014-11-21|
|Week Ending:||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep|
|1.||Wed, 12 Nov 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
|4.||Fri, 31 Oct 14:||Francis D|
|2.||Thu, 06 Nov 14:||Zoë|
|5.||Thu, 30 Oct 14:||Zoë|
|3.||Wed, 05 Nov 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Wed, 29 Oct 14:||Mr. Tumnus|
EDJ, EDJ. Indie folk / Indie rock / Indie Pop / Folk. Eric D. Johnson is the former front man of The Fruit Bats. He refers to this album as “Melancholy grooves and existential make-out songs.” RIYL: Fruit Bats, Tame Impala, The Shins, Califone, Blitzen Trapper, Dr. Dog, FCC clean|
1. (5:31) * 2 acoustic guitars, brushwork, cymbals, and bass drum for percussion. Electric guitar and piano. Chill indie folk sound with bouncy melody.
2. (3:25) ** Chill folk with a psychedelic country western acoustic
3. (4:13) Mellow electric guitar and constant bass drum beat. Later in the song, pulsating guitar with chill background.
4. (3:39) **Piano, drums, and high tenor vocals. Somewhat sparse and mostly piano. Picks up with clapping.
5. (1:51) Trippy western soundscape, piano synth, underlying echoed percussion. Instrumental.
6. (0:31) piano instrumental.
7. (3:32) **Solid country western groove. Psychedelic. Weird pulsating vocal track “Hoo” over and over again in the background. Clapping and chill melody.
8. (4:08) Sparse poppy percussion with vocals. Instrumentals enter with cymbal, piano, acoustic guitar.
9. (3:03) Piano + atmospheric background with vocals. Something of a soulful ballad. Nice song.
10. (3:27) * Electric guitar, piano, drums, and vocal layers. Echoey psychedelic vocals. Pretty alt-country song.
11. (2:11) Atmospheric instrumental
|1.||For The Boy Who Moved Away||6.||Salt Licorice|
|2.||Lose It All, All The Time||7.||A West County Girl|
|3.||Odd Love||8.||Mostly Just Fantasies|
|4.||Minor Miracles||9.||For Joy|
|5.||The Magical Parking Lot||10.||Child In The Wild|
|11.||The Mountains On Fire (In The Rearview)|