|Steelism / 615 To Fame|
|Album:||615 To Fame||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-12-12||Pull Date:||2015-02-13|
|Week Ending:||Feb 15||Feb 1||Jan 25||Jan 18||Jan 11||Jan 4||Dec 28||Dec 21|
|1.||Feb 19, 2015:||Mix Tape |
|4.||Jan 21, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
|2.||Feb 12, 2015:||Mix Tape |
|5.||Jan 13, 2015:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W1501] |
|3.||Jan 31, 2015:||Music Casserole |
Cat's Eye Ring
|6.||Jan 09, 2015:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Steelism’s 615 To Fame is an album full of nostalgic sounds and memories. The Nashville-via-London instrumental duo (guitar & pedal steel) uses music references, mostly from1960s American television, to create compositions inspired by Western movies, lounge late-night shows, and commercials. Even the titles of the songs reflect this cultural fascination. Overall the album is entertaining and performed right on the borderline of kitsch and cool. 615 To Fame is the band’s first full-length album.|
RIYL: Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet, Late The Ventures, Laika and the Cosmonauts, Atomic 7, and Los Straitjackets.
NO WORDS, NO FCC’s.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 6, 8, and 11
1. (3:47) **Cat's Eye Ring – 60s movie soundtrack inspired – think Spaghetti Western going surf. Dramatic.
2. (3:05) The Blind Beggar – Mellow tune with pedal steel and violins. It has a Hawaiian pop music feeling.
3. (2:35) *The Landlocked Surfer – Surf meets Country. Decent guitar work.
4. (3:27) China Plate – Another Surf inspired track. With keyboards and a long guitar solo.
5. (4:20) Tears Of Isabella – Slow instrumental Country song. Nice use of strings.
6. (4:56) ***Marfa Lights – My favorite track on the album. Repetitive drumbeat, great pedal steel riffs, inspired guitar work. Play it!
7. (3:20) Caught In A Pickle – Southern rock here. Think an instrumental Allman Brothers Band track.
8. (2:08) *The Spook – Catchy Surf recording. Solid guitar work.
9. (3:42) Ladybird – Bluesy guitar-driven song with a southern rock feeling.
10. (3:38) Cuban Missile – Slow track with nice instrumentation. Think Cuban Bolero.
11. (4:27) *Greenwich Mean Time – All I can think with this tune is that it could have been a theme for an obscure 60s TV series. Great ending.
|1.||Cat's Eye Ring||6.||Marfa Lights|
|2.||The Blind Beggar||7.||Caught In A Pickle|
|3.||The Landlocked Surfer||8.||The Spook|
|5.||Tears Of Isabella||10.||Cuban Missile|
|11.||Greenwich Mean Time|