|Album:||End Times Undone||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||David Kilgour And The Heavy 8s||Added:||Oct 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-10-31||Pull Date:||2015-01-02|
|Week Ending:||Jan 4||Dec 28||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9|
|1.||Jan 02, 2015:||Time Traveler
|4.||Dec 12, 2014:||Time Traveler
|2.||Dec 29, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of The Year 2014. Part 2!
Lose Myself In Sound
|5.||Dec 11, 2014:||Meow
|3.||Dec 26, 2014:||Time Traveler
I Don't Want To Live Alone
|6.||Dec 05, 2014:||Time Traveler
Favorites: 5, 8, 9. No FCCs noted though “hell” is prominent on track 4.
1. (4:12) Sleepy, psychedelic fade-in. Slow to mid-tempo. Titled “Like Rain,” but “Like a Light Drizzle” would fit even better. Picture the opening credits of a charmingly dysfunctional family film (looking at you Little Miss Sunshine).
2. (3:35) Opens with a bright electric riff. Melodic, simple but uplifting. Pleasant grungy noise scattered throughout.
3. (3:02) Slowed down, mostly instrumental, rolling toms and piano. Theremin-like psychedelic sounds and whispered vocals come in around :50. As if Yo La Tengo and Wilco had a pretty chill baby.
4. (3:21) Mid-tempo, country-inspired. More spring cheer in the strumming. Exploratory in both sound and theme: “Christopher Columbus knew/yeah, he knew/what the hell you’re gonna do?.... Everybody needs a rest.” Note for the repeated usage of the word “hell.”
5. *(2:32) A meandering, more mysterious guitar piece and lower, darker vocals to accompany the change in mood. There’s a background “twang” that grabs you and keeps going. Very Yo La Tengo again, hints of Interpol?; my favorite track.
6. (3:18) Return to Cheery Mountain, for the most part. Echoes hypnotize until power chords cut through the haze. Elements of Supergrass or Oasis.
7. (4:45) “Wrestling with the same old highway.” Similar feeling to #4. Sonically, highs and lows and highs again. Mid-tempo.
8. *(3:10) A refreshing break. Unadorned keys that sound optimistic on their own but lead to the stark, suddenly clear, lonely vocals. “I don’t wanna live alone/it takes too long.”
9. *(4:34) Gradual, plucking build up to a lush full-band mid-tempo track. Around 2:30 becomes louder and more urgent, with scratchier guitars and angrier drums until it comes to a close.
10. (2:50) Resonates well with track 1. Upbeat, short and sweet, despite bitter lyrics about the failures of communication. Jangly guitars driving to an end.
|2.||Lose Myself In Sound||7.||Comin' On|
|3.||Light Headed||8.||I Don't Want To Live Alone|
|4.||Christopher Columbus||9.||Down The Tubes|
|5.||Crow||10.||Somethings You Don't Get Back|