|Add Date:||2014-11-07||Pull Date:||2015-01-09|
|Week Ending:||Dec 28||Nov 23||Nov 16|
|1.||Dec 27, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|4.||Nov 15, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|2.||Nov 22, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|5.||Nov 13, 2014:||Meow
All White Everything
|3.||Nov 21, 2014:||Time Traveler
All White Everything
|6.||Nov 13, 2014:||The Extended Morning
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Swedish duo of Joakim Benon and Elin Kastlande, release their third album. Known as JJ, this is at times relaxing, although it does come with its fair share of poppy-ness. Some interesting tracks to play on KZSU though. Pleasant enough female vocals. Indy / Dreamy / Electro / Sweet pop.
Similar to: Lykke Li, Lana Del Ray…
Loving 1 (Instrumental-real shame it’s only a minute)
FCC’s *3,4.8,9,12 rest OK
1) V (1.02) Spacey & droney. A desolate landscape type intro – Early DiJ.
2) Dynasti (3.15) Bells & strings lead into a familiar barren sound – Then it changes with the vocals. Standard poppy electro fair.
3) *Dean & Me (3.55) Has a certain mid paced electro charm. FCC (fuckin)
4) *All White Everything (4.20) More accessible, without being too poppy. Mid paced dreamy & repetitive. FCC (Bitch)
5) When I Need You (4.32) Slowing it down – Ultravox quality. Maybe a hit with some.
6) Fâgelsângen (3.33) Promising start, then routine mid paced fare. Nice orchestral flourishes at times.
7) Full (4.04) Lovely arrangement in-between the dreamy-esque vocals.
8) *Inner Light (4.19) Genteel sound still sounds a bit busy at times. FCC (fuckin) Like the birdcall at the end.
9) *Hold Me (4.17) Male rap/chat at the start FCC (Shit) – Then goes into the female soft vocals FCC (Fuckin)
10) I (3.55) More pop inspired than the others – Mid paced then trails off into a more ballad style offering.
11) Be Here Now (2.59) Slowing it right down with mellow hum & acoustic backing – the best of the tracks outside of the first.
12) *All Ways, Always (4.13) Slightly more rousing – Indy / college mellow rock. FCC (fuckin, shit, drug references- it’s all on this one)
|3.||Dean & Me||9.||Hold Me|
|4.||All White Everything||10.||I|
|5.||When I Need You||11.||Be Here Now|
|6.||Fagelsangen||12.||All Ways, Always|