|Tomorrows Tulips / When|
|Add Date:||2015-01-18||Pull Date:||2015-03-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Mar||15 Mar||1 Mar||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan|
|1.||Feb 16, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|4.||May 13, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
Down Turned Self Pity
|2.||Nov 09, 2015:||Fishbowl: Starry Eyes |
Glued To You
|5.||Apr 29, 2015:||The Fishbowl: With Frederick Bonaparte |
Glued To You
|3.||Jun 03, 2015:||The Fishbowl: Thalassophobia |
|6.||Mar 19, 2015:||Meow |
Ultra faded, wide-eyed slacker rock from SoCal—the dreamier, more romantic side of Burger Records. Recorded mostly in SF. Straight up Burger’s alley, from the lo-fi recording to the utterly unconcerned vocal delivery. In fact, this is the most lethargic music I’ve ever heard from Burger, which says a lot. (They’re too lazy to get out of bed and put an apostrophe in their band name.) Favorites: 2, 6, 7, 8. FCC WARNING: 4.|
1. (1:13)—Mid-tempo, bouncy, crunchy.
2. *(2:19)—Medium-slow, easygoing. “He combs his hair like the 90s.”
3. (3:04)—Slow, sultry. Nice violin.
4. (2:40)—FCC. More sexy, faded rock—almost shoegazey.
5. (4:07)— Water sounds. Soft, tinny guitar. Louder second half.
6. *(3:16)—Droning guitar. Soft and bummed out. Sophomoric but very pretty. RIYL Sebadoh.
7. *(2:34)—Slow, faded, really simple. “I lay in my bed.”
8. *(3:02)—Hushed, heavy on the bass guitar. Sudden ending.
9. (1:46)—Tin can rock. Takes Sebadoh’s apathy to a new level.
10. (3:33)—Slow, shimmering. Stoned, half-spoken group vocals.
11. (2:36)—Droning, pretty. Buzzing guitar feedback.
12. (5:08)—Bright and really trippy. Flute and violin.
|1.||Baby||7.||I Lay In My Bed|
|2.||Surplus Store||8.||Glued To You|
|3.||Laying In The Sun||9.||Papers By The Tv|
|4.||When||10.||Plan It Peace|
|5.||Favorite Episode||11.||Confetti And Glue|
|6.||Down Turned Self Pity||12.||Clear|