|Greylag / Greylag|
|Add Date:||2014-11-14||Pull Date:||2015-01-16|
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov|
|1.||Dec 15, 2014:||Clean Copper Radio |
|4.||Dec 04, 2014:||The Fishbowl |
Yours To Shake
|2.||Dec 11, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Walk The Night
|5.||Dec 03, 2014:||Narnia |
|3.||Dec 04, 2014:||ZoeRadio |
Walk The Night
|6.||Dec 01, 2014:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
Portland folk trio named for the wild goose Greylag. This is their debut album and it was produced by Phil Ek (producer of tons of great stuff like Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, The Shins, and Fleet Foxes). It is a great indie folk record, which as we all know by now makes me extremely happy. |
Favorite Tracks: 1, 2, 9
1. (3:31) Another - Mid tempo, rich guitar, driving beat, great voice, awesome harmonies. This is a great folk rock song.
2. (3:42) Yours To Shake - Mid tempo, I love this melody. Melodic verses, shambling chaos in the chorus. Awesome.
3. (4:48) Arms Unknown - Super pretty song, strummy guitar, sliding transitions, clarity of that awesome voice.
4. (3:21) Mama - This is more rock-country instrumentally. Foot tapping.
5. (4:11) Kicking - Mid tempo rock and roll.
6. (4:49) Burn On - Another acoustic sweet folk track. Kick drum driven, beautiful twangy guitar and more harmonizing.
7. (4:40) Black Sky - Great and simple.
8. (4:07) One Foot - Another cool guitar melody, more rock-country again.
9. (3:22) Walk The Night - Mellow acoustic track to close out the record.
|2.||Yours To Shake||6.||Burn On|
|3.||Arms Unknown||7.||Black Sky|
|9.||Walk The Night|