|Sean Flinn & The Royal We / Lost Weekend, The|
|Album:||Lost Weekend, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sean Flinn & The Royal We||Added:||11/2014|
|Label:||Glad I Did Recordings|
|Add Date:||2014-11-14||Pull Date:||2015-01-16|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
|1.||Sat, 17 Jan 15:||The Shiney One|
New Zoo Emergency Crew
|4.||Fri, 19 Dec 14:||Francis D|
|2.||Sat, 03 Jan 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|5.||Mon, 15 Dec 14:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|3.||Fri, 26 Dec 14:||Francis D|
|6.||Fri, 12 Dec 14:||Francis D|
Sean Flinn and The Royal We/The Lost Weekend|
Label: Glad I Did Recordings
Coming from Portland, OR (and the lead singer coming from the Bay
Area), this soft Indie + folk rock band took two years to finish their
album The Lost Weekend. The majority of their songs are upbeat and happy with lots of guitar and drums. Sound similar to: Cage the
Elephant, Bear Hands, Two Door Cinema Club
Recommended tracks: 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11
1. (3:54) Maps - Drums and guitar with spaced-out vocals. Upbeat
beachy song but repetitive.
2. (3:57) Silver String - More guitar. Some sad lyrics but still
3. **(3:40) Heavy Hearts - Starts slow for a few seconds but picks up into nice lyrics and pretty synths with tambourine.
4. **(4:59) Riverbed - Cool intro with lots of kicks from bass drum.
Vocals have two pitches to them. Lots of crooning. Slower than the
5. (3:46) After the Wall - Flowy happy background riffs with flowy
vocals. Typical indie folk song
6. *(3:14) The Lost Weekend - Starts with cool drumbeat and swirly
synths. “Jumpy” vocals with fun transitions featuring drums.
7. ***(3:44) Modern Man - Super cool short instrumental intro. Bossa nova meets indie folk rock feel to it. Says “abstract” many times but is still my favorite.
8. (4:47) City Lights - Beware of quiet intro. Starts with soft guitar
twangs and claps. Emphasis on upbeats. Cutesy indie song. Imagine
standing on the Empire State Building at night.
9. (4:19) Broken Arrow’s - Slow acoustic guitar - more of a country
feel. Winding and instrument based with a few solo breaks. Lots of
10. *(3:17) Love, Jedidiah - Rockin guitar twangs and again with lots of “oooo”s. Slightly more background music than lyrics but it works
well. Fades out with a few seconds left.
11. ***(5:04) The Ravine - Great trancy flowing beat. Perfect for
bopping head side to side or walking around town. Cutesy and upbeat
with more background “ooo”s. Slows dramatically down at the end. Also a favorite.
|1.||Maps||6.||The Lost Weekend|
|2.||Silver String||7.||Modern Man|
|3.||Heavy Hearts||8.||City Lights|
|5.||After The Wall||10.||Love, Jedediah|