Via Tania And The Tomorrow Music Orchestra
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Singer / songwriter Via Tania from Sydney now based Stateside, collaborates with Chicago’s Tomorrow Music Orchestra in this release. She has received some excellent reviews & I would have to concur. Quality voice with an edge to it, aided by just lovely playing by the Tomorrow Music Orchestra. Great addition to the A-file… Indy folk & soul with bluesy jazzy elements, wrapped up very nicely. All slow & definitely worth playing. Reminiscent of Bjork at times.
1) I See You Tiger (3.36) Brooding & silky. Infectious vocals combined with wonderful musical arrangement.
2) Moonbow (2.42) Smooth & delicate.
3) The Future (4.12) Slow pulse behind this.
4) In The Air (3.28) Perfect balance. Like a rare 60’s ballad.
5) Wooden Guitar (4.28) Mellow accompaniment to begin & then builds. Wispy.
6) After Ever (4.01) Sultry ballad.
7) Some Other Way (2.48) Has an airy quality with a trip hop feel.
8) This Thing (3.04) One of the simpler tracks. Easy on the ears.
9) Where Would We Be? (2.55) Folksier number – a weaker track, for me.
10) The Ocean She Made (4.06) A gloomy yet uplifting experience.