|Primus / Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble|
|Album:||Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-11-21||Pull Date:||2015-01-23|
|Week Ending:||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov|
|1.||Wed, 20 Jan 16:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|4.||Sat, 10 Jan 15:||BravoMarco|
BravoMarco Variety Show
|2.||Mon, 16 Feb 15:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Tue, 30 Dec 14:||Shineymic|
Eclectic Erudition week 14 Fall 2014
|3.||Sat, 17 Jan 15:||Eme O|
|6.||Sat, 27 Dec 14:||BravoMarco|
BravoMarco Variety Show
Primus & The Chocolate Factory With The Fungi Ensemble
Reviewed by BravoMarco
SF rockers back with their eighth studio album. It’s certainly a good a film as any, to be obsessed about. Some of the originals still hold up as classics, although bringing a fresh take on things isn’t so bad. Never had the chance to partake in the Primus chocolate bars that accompany this release, however they must be tasty if the music is anything to go by. Rocky / Experimental / Indy / Spacey / Rock Opera
Like: (all the) Primus bands: Les Claypool…Oysterhead, Bits of Tom Waits also Queen…. More than just for novelty value Really Liking: 1,7,9,11,12,13,14
1) Hello Wonkites (2.01) Grinding choppy instrumental opener.
2) Candy Man (4.25) Scary version – Sounds like a herd of cows mooing along in the background. It is busy, with the slight operatic chorus – Still good stuff, just not as strong as the original.
3) Cheer Up Charlie (3.35) Plinky plonky 60’s psychedelic / folksy rendition.
4) Golden Ticket (5.07) Mid paced with a heavy dose of 70’s glam rock thrown in the mixing bowl.
5) Lermaninoff (0.05) Just enough time for an Oompa Lumpa to say the title.
6) Pure Imagination (5.28) Psychy blurry version, still slowish paced. Great spaced out 60 second instrumental near the end, which on it’s own would be the highlight.
7) Oompa Augustus (1.42) Big beat rendition. Pretty honest to the original.
8) Semi-Wondrous Boat Ride (2.36) Never gets going, keeps you hanging on.
9) Oompa Violet (1.45) Another go at this one with an almighty first 60 seconds, different words towards the end.
10) I Want It Now (4.10) Middle Eastern flourishes at times. An instrumental version would have been perfect.
11) Oompa Veruca (1.39) Eastern European version. Doo-pidee doo…
12) Wonkmobile (1.15) Still one of the best song titles, the original was bizarre enough & this carries it on. At home in the experimental art house category.
13) Oompa TV (1.43) Last of the four versions. The music always steals the show.
14) Farewell Wonkites (4.58) Stoner rock time. Classy instrumental. Could end at 4.13 After that, it is a short version of Pure Imagination.
|1.||Hellow Wonkites||8.||Semi-Wondrous Boat Ride|
|2.||Candy Man||9.||Oompa Violet|
|3.||Cheer Up Charlie||10.||I Want It Now|
|4.||Golden Ticket||11.||Oompa Veruca|
|6.||Pure Imagination||13.||Oompa Tv|
|7.||Oompa Augustus||14.||Farewell Wonkites|