|Foxes In Fiction / Ontario Gothic|
|Artist:||Foxes In Fiction||Added:||11/2014|
|Add Date:||2014-12-12||Pull Date:||2015-02-13|
|Week Ending:||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec|
|1.||Thu, 04 May 17:||georgie boy|
|4.||Mon, 27 Apr 15:||Pixel|
|2.||Thu, 04 May 17:||dog|
night tapes #3
|5.||Fri, 20 Feb 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|3.||Sat, 13 Feb 16:||DJ Aporia|
|6.||Thu, 12 Feb 15:||Mister Esquire|
Foxes in Fiction / Ontario Gothic / Orchid Tapes|
Half of Orchid Tapes’ Warren Hildebrand has put together a beautiful dream pop/lofi album. Ethereal female vocals complement the dreamy atmosphere very well, while big swells make everything else stop. Lofi influences abound, including appearances by Sam Ray (Ricky Eat Acid among others) and Caroline White (Infinity Crush among others) on the last track. That’s who I recognize at least, the bandcamp page has more credits. A lot of introspection happening here and with it comes the headspace needed to detach for a bit.
Review by alsal.
Recommended Tracks: ANY, but I like 1, 3, and 7 especially.
RIYL: the antlers, twin peaks music, anything off of orchid tapes of course
1. **(4:05) Light vocals culminate into a chamber pop rush of blood while friendly sounds skitter underneath
2. (5:47) A big wall of sound held in place by pretty vamping
3. **(5:17) transition from the last track into an at first quiet but then head-nodding and expansive piece. Samples v079 by Wonder Bear
4. (3:58) back to lofi roots but still has that big orchestral sound
5. (5:25) Still dreamy. Sounds stacked on other sounds
6. *(1:49) Short but sweet. An amalgamation of movements from the rest of the album
7. **(5:21) A little more acoustic than the rest.
|1.||March 2011||4.||Shadow's Song|
|2.||Into The Fields||5.||Ontario Gothic|