This is the second release from Quiet Life. It is an awesome indie-folk EP that ranges from super up beat and catchy to weirdly ominous and minimalistic. Each track was recorded in a different studio, which is kind of cool. RIYL: Justin Townes Earl, Phosphorescent, The Head and The Heart.
Favorites: 1, **2**, **5**
1. (3:46) Housebroken Man (Featuring Cary Ann Hearst) - Upbeat and playful. Great guitar and really cool sounding ragtime piano. Great male/female harmonies.
2. (5:04) Shaky Hand - Downtempo super pretty, very Justin Townes Earl sounding. Love this one.
3. (5:01) Messin' Around - This one is a little grittier, awesome raspy vocals and more of that piano melody and some very country sounding guitar.
4. (4:16) Reckless Kind - Very mellow and minimal. Echoey vocals and plucking on an acoustic guitar. A little harmonica is thrown in later.
5. (4:44) Waiting Around To Die (With Jim James) - Slow and dark. Sampled spoken word.