|Prass, Natalie / Natalie Prass|
|Add Date:||2015-01-30|| ||Pull Date:||2015-04-03|| |
|Week Ending:||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb|
Pop / Soul / Indie rock / Alt-country. Americana soul that is intimate and sincere. Okay album, give it try even if pop is not your mainstay. RIYL: Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley), Boz Scaggs, St. Vincent. No FCC’s. Play any track, 1,2,3,5|
1. (5:12) My Baby Don’t Understand Me. **Soulful and intimate. Piano, horns, shakers, builds and gets big, full sound.
2. (5:22) Bird of Prey. **Bouncy beat, mix of many instruments. Poppy and fun. Horn section at chorus.
3. (3:16) You Fool. **Fun song, clapping, percussion with drum set, strings, piano driven, backing vocalists.
4. (3:53) Christy. Strings intro, weaker track, harp, messy vocals, strings make it okay
5. (3:54) Why Don’t You Believe in Me. **Down tempo, soulful, and chill. Strings, guitar, bass heavy, awash with a mix of other instruments with small parts.
6. (5:44) Violently. Slow and pretty. “I’ve had enough of talking politely…” emotional song. Gets big.
7. (3:59) Never Over You. Nashville soul singer vibe like most of the album.
8. (3:44) Reprise. Spoken song, soul, trumpets, bass drum and striking shakers.
9. (4:01) It Is You. French intro, flowery, cute, not exactly original