|Decemberists, The / What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World|
|Add Date:||2015-01-30|| ||Pull Date:||2015-04-03|| |
|Week Ending:||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb|
This is the 7th studio album from the Decemberists. I am so incredibly excited for this release, and it did not disappoint me, in fact, I was very impressed. 14 awesome and dynamic songs. Play often and enjoy.|
No FCCs detected.
Favorite Tracks: 3, 4, **7**, **10**, 12, **13**, 14
1. (4:42) The Singer Addresses His Audience - guitar strumming, violin, harmonies…slow and steady Decemberists anthem.
2. (3:17) Cavalry Captain - uptempo, with a full horn section and a driving beat
3. (3:04) Philomena - Poppy piano and oohs and ahs, almost a 60s doo-wop feel. love.
4. (5:07) Make You Better - This was the single, super simple rock guitar riff, awesome melody, I wanted to add this as a single when it came out…but we have it now!!
5. (5:52) Lake Song - Strumming acoustic guitar, pretty piano accompaniment, another awesome Decemberists story.
6. (5:00) Till The Water's All Long Gone - The guitar playing has some serious bluesy soul on this track, drums and background vox build in later on in the track. Down tempo…and i’m pretty sure that is flute in the background.
7. (3:52) The Wrong Year - This is my favorite, what a great riff and a great melody. Totally infectious. Also, there is that accordion :)
8. (3:24) Carolina Low - Slow and low, dark and minimalistic.
9. (1:44) Better Not Wake The Baby - One of the Decemberists Irish drinking tunes. Short and smashing.
10. (2:!2) Anti-Summersong - Love love this one. Upbeat, great melody, this one makes me really happy. Cool and kind of theatrical call and response involved.
11. (2:22) Easy Come, Easy Go - The guitar on this one is surfy, the lyrics are super clever...could be a fun song to practice enunciation :)
12. (3:54) Mistral - This one is absolutely amazing. Beautiful, soulful, great almost gospel sounding harmonies, so so good.
13. (3:03) 12/17/12 - Down tempo, simple drum beat, harmonica, acoustic guitar, and then those voices. Another great track.
14. (5:21) A Beginning Song - This one is great too, I sound like a broken record, just play it. So good.