|Buxton / Half A Native|
|Album:||Half A Native||Collection:||General|
|Label:||New West Records|
|Add Date:||2015-02-13||Pull Date:||2015-04-17|
|Week Ending:||12 Apr||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||15 Feb|
|1.||Apr 08, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
What I'd Do
|4.||Mar 17, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
The Heart Won't Bend
|2.||Mar 19, 2015:||ZoëRadio |
What I'd Do
|5.||Mar 12, 2015:||ZoeRadio |
|3.||Mar 19, 2015:||Mountain Music |
|6.||Mar 03, 2015:||The Fishbowl |
This 5 piece band from Huston released their first full length album (I think…it was kind of hard to find anything out about them online). They have been a big hit at home and they went to LA to record this record with producer Thom Monahan (Devendra Banhart, Vetiver, Beachwood Sparks). It is a really great album, I was super impressed. Idie folk, but some distant feeling almost ambient tracks, and even some honky tonk songs. Super interesting. RIYL: Blitzen Trapper, Avett Brothers, …etc.|
Favorites: 1, 3, 9, 11
1. (4:03) What I'd Do - Mid tempo, I fell in love at first listen. His voice is incredible and soulful…super impressed.
2. (4:29) Good As Gone - Soulful southern rock feel.
3. (3:41) Old Haunt - Love this one too. Mellow and pretty folk.
4. (3:33) Half A Native - Mellow, almost ambient, super pretty.
5. (4:06) High Tones - This one is a honkey tonk song. Still great, super unexpected though.
6. (4:18) Miss Catalina 1992 - Mid tempo rock country.
7. (2:48) A Little Bit More - Down tempo, lovely, one of the best.
8. (3:43) Be Somebody Else - Acoustic guitar and vocals at the beginning, mellow drums build in.
9. (3:31) The Heart Won't Bend - Mid tempo. The instrumentation is great on this song. Another great melody.
10. (4:39) Ice Breaker - Up tempo and urgent, the twang is back on this track.
11. (3:06) Pool Hall - Love that slide guitar. Another favorite.
|1.||What I'd Do||6.||Miss Catalina 1992|
|2.||Good As Gone||7.||A Little Bit More|
|3.||Old Haunt||8.||Be Somebody Else|
|4.||Half A Native||9.||The Heart Won't Bend|
|5.||High Tones||10.||Ice Breaker|