|Zs / Xe|
|Label:||Northern Spy Records|
|Add Date:||2015-02-06||Pull Date:||2015-04-10||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29||Mar 15||Mar 8||Mar 1||Feb 22||Feb 15|
|1.||Mar 06, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 09, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Future Of Royalty
|2.||Dec 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Best of '15) |
|5.||Apr 03, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Nov 20, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||Apr 02, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Improvisational jazz/experimental rock alchemists return with a new batch of wicked elixir. Nearly the entire thing was performed in one take, matching Colin Stetson calibre feats of endurance. Minimalist and hypnotic, ZS lure the listener in to their twisted world. Be complicit. Let yourself go. Embrace the noise. |
P.S. The drummer, Greg Fox (Guardian Alien, Liturgy, Ben Frost), makes Zach Hill sound like a member of the high school marching band.
Low calorie. High protein. All instrumental. Transcendence = 100% Daily Value. 0g FCC.
1. (2:27) Urgent handclaps. Thumping noisy guitar. Saxophone squawks. Awesome rolling drumming. Let the mayhem begin. Claps reappear in last few seconds.
2. (5:59) Jagged distorted electronics. Sounds like someone set off an alarm. Anxious, beautiful noise. Last minute of this song provides a perfect transition into the next track.
3. (12:27) **** The band Battles form an underground resistance against the Capitalist overlords. This is the song they play as they march into battle. Tremendous.
4. (3:18) Ambient, mind-bending textures. Take a breather, Zs. You guys deserve it. Nice companion to the final track. Play back to back for bonus points.
5. (18:12) *** Whirring, fluttering tones. Then out of nowhere sax scream, frantic drumming, and chiming guitar. Becomes more measured…then strangely funky. Don’t try this at home, kids. You might hurt yourself.
|1.||Future Of Royalty||3.||Corps|