|Knife, The / Shaken Up Versions|
|Album:||Shaken Up Versions||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-02-06||Pull Date:||2015-04-10||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb|
|1.||Tue, 26 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|4.||Fri, 13 Mar 15:||Friggz & Scout|
|2.||Thu, 26 Mar 15:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Fri, 13 Mar 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum Machine
|3.||Mon, 16 Mar 15:||alsal|
|6.||Sun, 08 Mar 15:||The Shiney One|
Emergency Crew Week 7 Part 2
Genre: queer theory, electro pop, DANCE|
The Knife released a monumental album in 2013, full of difficult sonics and confrontational politics (and, in my opinion, it was absolutely brilliant). The massive ambition showcased on that release separated the group from the swarm of imitators that had emerged in the last few years. This CD is somewhere between a remix and a live album. It offers us past Knife tracks that were reworked by the Swedish brother and sister duo themselves and then included in their last string of live performances. Sadly, the band broke up after announcing this album, but at least we have these tracks to remember them by.
Others: Fever Ray, Michel Foucault, Judith Butler
Favorites: 1, 3, 2, 4, 6…all awesome (particularly the first half). No FCCs.
1. (4:22) **** (We Share Our Mother’s Health) Clap clap clap clap clap clap. Bleating synth line. Love the drums on this thing. Slinky warped electro-pop just the way you like it.
2. (4:16) *** (Got 2 Let U) More amazing percussion. Metallic feel. Great vocals from Karin. Cool horns.
3. (5:38) *** (Bird) I’m not gonna talk about the drums again I promise! Just kidding they’re awesome here as always. Anthemic feel to this one.
4. (4:45) **** (Without You My Life Would Be Boring) Pounding 4/4. Serrated synths. Loved the original version of this and the shaken up version is just as infectious. Vocals get manic. Flutey solo.
5. (5:19) (Pass This On) Swaggering house beat. Steel drum melody. Shannon Funchess from Light Asylum guest stars.
6. (4:21) *** (Ready to Lose) Low tom drumming. Almost trip-hop feel. Awesome, menacing remix. Least dance-y track on the album.
7. (8:46) (Stay Out Here) Straightforward…not much of an improvement on the original. More vocals from Shannon Funchess.
8. (7:06) ** (Silent Shout) Reworking of a Knife classic. Child-like vocals. Fluttery synth melody.
|1.||We Share Our Mother's Health||5.||Pass This On|
|2.||Got 2 Let U||6.||Ready To Lose|
|3.||Bird||7.||Stay Out Here|
|4.||Without You My Life Would Be Boring||8.||Silent Shout|