|Ronson, Mark / Uptown Special|
|Artist:||Ronson, Mark||Added:||Feb 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-03-13||Pull Date:||2015-05-15|
|Week Ending:||May 17||May 10||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29||Mar 22|
|1.||Jul 29, 2022:||Music Genealogy |
|4.||May 11, 2015:||No Way To Say |
|2.||May 13, 2015:||Moonlight Impressions |
Leaving Los Feliz
|5.||May 09, 2015:||Music Casserole |
Leaving Los Feliz
|3.||May 11, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
Feel Right, Summer Breaking, Uptown's First Finale
|6.||May 06, 2015:||Moonlight Impressions |
When he was 16 years old, Mark Ronson decided that he was inspired by Hip-Hop like Run-D.M.C. and The Beastie Boys to raid he dad’s record collection and try his hand at making mixes of his own. Since then he has risen up as a star DJ. He is behind the boards on many popular tracks and his production style is awesome. This record, Uptown Special, is definitely mainstream, but it is really good. There is a lot of funk influence and each track has another great cameo from people like Stevie Wonder, Mystikal, and Bruno Mars. Listen and enjoy. |
Recommended Tracks: ***3***, 4, 6, 9
FCCs: There are FCCs on most tracks but we have an edited copy of the CD so no need to worry.
1. (1:38) Uptown's First Finale - You start listening, and then you hear STEVIE WONDER on the harmonica...my jaw dropped. Anyway, this track is really just an intro to the record, with some Stevie harmonica and various other improvisations.
2. (3:07) Summer Breaking - This song features Kevin Parker and some awesome almost Santana sounding guitar. Mellow psychy track that could have been put out in the 70s.
3. (3:42) Feel Right - This track is worth the album. MYSTIKAL!!!! Straight out of prison and sounding better than ever. Rapping over a funky guitar riff, great horn section, and a fucking awesome drum beat. KILLER!!!
4. (4:29) Uptown Funk - Radio single, featuring Bruno Mars, it is pretty awesome, I love that people love this song.
5. (3:16) I Can't Lose - Some more synth on this one, but still with that funk influence especially in the horn section. Featuring Keyone Starr.
6. (4:58) Daffodils - More funk, but psychedelic sound is provided by the lyrics (feat. Kevin Parker).
7. (2:25) Crack In The Pearl - This one kind of sucks.
8. (4:33) In Case Of Fire - This one is a guitar heavy rock track. Also not my favorite.
9. (4:18) Leaving Los Feliz - I really like the feeling of this one. Great summer driving music. Awesome guitar part and mellow lyrics.
10. (3:57) Heavy And Rolling - Mid tempo, a little too theatrical for my taste.
11. (2:!6) Crack In The Pearl Pt.II - Jam outro, more Stevie :)
|1.||Uptown's First Finale||6.||Daffodils|
|2.||Summer Breaking||7.||Crack In The Pearl|
|3.||Feel Right||8.||In Case Of Fire|
|4.||Uptown Funk||9.||Leaving Los Feliz|
|5.||I Can't Lose||10.||Heavy And Rolling|
|11.||Crack In The Pearl Pt.Ii|