|Aerosols, The / Fake Mirror|
|Label:||World Famous In San Francisco|
|Add Date:||2015-03-20||Pull Date:||2015-05-22|
|Week Ending:||17 May||10 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar|
|1.||Fri, 15 May 15:||Francis D|
|4.||Fri, 24 Apr 15:||Francis D|
|2.||Mon, 11 May 15:||Pixel|
|5.||Tue, 21 Apr 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [SPQ03]
|3.||Fri, 08 May 15:||Francis D|
|6.||Sat, 18 Apr 15:||Friggz|
Local “basement psych-pop.” This is the Aerosols’ second release, a few years in the making, although they have been around for over a decade. It’s an enjoyable sunny-day album with lots of repeated hooks to space out to, and a very ‘60s psych rock feel. Many parts are in 3/4 or 7/8 time with three-chord electric foundations. Got a consistent sound across the album so if I said “trippy” too much, that’s why. FCC clean. Try 5, 6, 8 |
RIYL: Of Montreal, Thee Oh Sees, Vertical Scratchers, Girls, a trippier Kinks
1. (2:27) mid. catchy, upbeat and sunny, 60s vibe. this sound through entire album.
2. (3:19) mid. same feel as #1, awesome electric edge to it, ends abruptly
3. (3:16) fast. dancy/bouncy intro, keys everywhere, psychedelic carnival. definitely hear the Of Montreal influence here. another abrupt ending.
4. (2:40) mid. distorted intro and waterlogged trippy guitar, cascading chords
5. ***(3:55) mid to fast but ends slow. upbeat, (7/8), female vocalist answering? time shift during chorus throughout creates a melancholy feel... halfway through turns into a completely different, slower, more epic song until the fade out. kickass.
6. **(3:21) mid. higher notes on jangly guitars, “ahh”s in background, full band in chorus. “I feel like I was made in China/so far away.” really good.
7. (3:01) slow to mid. more deliberate pace, still three-chord structure, this time accompanied by three snares… cool beat…
8. **(4:16) slow to mid. dreamy intro. then the melody goes on this merry-go-round and adds keys, put me in a sort of trance. titled “She’s So Far Gone” and that would explain how I felt during this track, y’all. go ahead, space out.
9. (2:48) mid. bright, synthy, trippy, more of the same.
10. (2:55) slow. instrumental. pretty calm “ooh/ahh” stuff and then WOAH is that a fucking saxophone ?? welcome little surprise there.
11. (2:43) mid. trippy back-and-forth, repetitive melody. reminds me of #6. the end includes a vocal round and slows down with tremolo.
|2.||Fake Mirror||7.||Don't Make Me Run|
|3.||Mrs. Jinson||8.||She's So Far Gone|
|4.||Cold Jewelry||9.||Outside Looking In|
|11.||Last Cup Of Tea|