|Dj Female Convict Scorpian / I.N.R.I.|
|Artist:||Dj Female Convict Scorpian||Added:||04/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||24 May||26 Apr|
|1.||Apr 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
Theater Fails Us Again
|3.||Apr 25, 2015:||Music Casserole |
Theater Fails Us Again
|2.||May 23, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
DJ Female Convict Scorpion|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
The Bay Area’s Josh Pollack, with another turntable & sampler set. Add the theremin & whistles & we get an experimental journey (of sorts) taking us to far off places. Albeit the long way round. Strange & at times delightful. It’s very theatrical – backing music over audio for the most. Should find a home on nearly every show.
In the spirit of Primus & the Chocolate Factory with the Fungi Ensemble & Depth Charge at times. All pretty good, even if some are overly busy.
No FCC’s (Maybe 6- suggestive lyrics-orgies & for the title)
1) Benedictus Satanas (9.16) Big Ben & Star Trek combining for a glimpse into the under world. Spoken word summoning up the dark arts. Lucifer worship. After 2 minutes the hypnotic beat kicks in, spoken word keeps on a coming…cursed v blessed. Change up in the 4th minute, takes us into a lounge act from the stardust rooms. Plus some numb chucking / fighting scenes in the background…it packs a punch. Could be three tracks in one.
2) Endful Summer (3.06) Straight into this one from the previous. Slow strumming over “Mercedes Benz – Janis Joplin”
3) Theatre Fails Us Again (7.23) Jazzy number, with some lovely otherworldly touches, in the background, soundtrack / commercials play on. Gospel track mixed in at 4.30 is outstanding.
4) Secta Nefaria (4.01) Mid paced instrumental psychedelic number. Dreamy.
5) Born Again Again (6.44) “Another man done gone” one of the true classics, This is a great homage to it. Goes into a 70’s funky beat with the theremin introducing it. Then Billy Preston & Syreeta sing their way into our hearts – The upbeat tempo carries on. All tracks together make it eventful.
6) *Lucifer’s Vagina (3.10) Female voice over a funk laden beat. Heavy on the sax theme. Tip Top.
7) Dante’s Towering Inferno (6.19) “The Sea Wolf” – lines? With a thumping beat & a bit of Marvin Gaye thrown in – It gets spacey & even screamy. Sounds like a sample from the almighty Diamanda Galas at the end.
8) Zombie Hernia Bar (4.31) More traditional X – Delicate orchestration under German spoken word, with a bit of light opera. With Marvin Gaye to finish.
9) The Unforgiven IV (1.32) The Star Spangled Banner with spacey accompaniment. Weakest one for me.
|1.||Benedictus Satanas||5.||Born Again Again|
|2.||Endful Summer||6.||Lucifer's Vagina|
|3.||Theater Fails Us Again||7.||Dante's Towering Inferno|
|4.||Secta Nefaria||8.||Zombie Hernia Bar|
|9.||The Unforgiven Iv|