|Zun Zun Egui / Shackle's Gift|
|Artist:||Zun Zun Egui||Added:||04/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr|
|1.||Apr 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|4.||Jun 04, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Tickle The Line
|2.||Dec 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Best of '15) |
|5.||May 28, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||Jun 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||May 28, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Genre: afrobeat, psych|
UK group fuses elements from all over the world to make a tremendous, playful record of psych-rock. Gives me the same spin-tingling feeling as when I first listened to Goat. Shares members with the equally excellent (but slightly more jazzy) Melt Yourself Down. One of those albums that you can’t listen to without cracking a smile.
P.S. we have a vinyl single of theirs in the music office somewhere…awesome wild stuff
Others: Melt Yourself Down, Lumerians, Goat, Wildbirds & Peacedrums, Deerhoof (minus Satomi)
Favorites: 2, 1, 3, 8, 6, 7. FCC: 9.
1. (5:22) *** Spoken Mauritian-Creole intro then krauty groove. High energy and infectious.
2. (3:39) *** Big ascending riff and magnetic vocals. One of the most compact and immediately catchy tracks.
3. (3:20) *** Sexy, dark. Just what the proverbial doctor ordered.
4. (5:19) Starts all delicate and spacey before getting some riffs, and I mean capital-R riffs. Has a bit of a Led-Zeppelin feel, but maybe that’s just me…
5. (5:05) Laid back afro-funk feel. Cool mini piano solo.
6. (2:57) *** Oh this is a fun one. Add this to the carefully curated non top 40 playlist for your next party.
7. (4:06) ** Mid. More great stuff.
8. (5:54) *** Locked in metallic groove. Fast, energetic pace. Weird vocal inflections…I like it.
9. (6:13) FCC Instrumental gives me a slight mysterious, Tinariwen type feel. Lyrically my favorite song.
|1.||Rigid Man||5.||Soul Scratch|
|2.||African Tree||6.||Tickle The Line|
|3.||Ruby||7.||The Sweetest Part Of Life|
|4.||I Want You To Know||8.||Late Bloomer|