|Gift Machine, The / Hard Facts Are Still Uncertain|
|Album:||Hard Facts Are Still Uncertain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gift Machine, The||Added:||04/2015|
|Label:||No Label Information|
|Add Date:||2015-05-08||Pull Date:||2015-07-10|
|Week Ending:||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May|
|1.||Sat, 02 Jan 16:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Almost Best Of 2015
|4.||Thu, 02 Jul 15:||Zoe Morgan|
|2.||Fri, 10 Jul 15:||Francis D|
|5.||Fri, 26 Jun 15:||Zoe Morgan|
|3.||Fri, 03 Jul 15:||Francis D|
|6.||Sat, 13 Jun 15:||Friggz|
First record from Gift Machine. The band is fronted by Dave Matthies and his wife does backing vocals. I really liked this, it remind me a lot of bands like Dinasaur Jr., Sebadoh, and The Vaselines, so if you like those bands and have been looking for a mellow but catchy and clever indie rock album, you are in luck!|
Recommended Tracks: 3, 4, 5, 10, **12**
1. (2:49) Dark Waters - Midtempo, marching beat, cool male/female vocal harmonies, even some xylophone thrown in.
2. (3:41) Telemetric Mayhem - More uptempo, feels slightly 79s folky. But a pretty solid indie rock track.
3. (2:08) Who Am I To Say - This screams Dinosaur Jr. to me, and that is an excellent thing.
4. (3:13) Sweetest Fruit - This also reminds me of something, can't put my finger on it, but it is awesome. Harmoinca, guitar, drums, and bass, and another sweet and easy melody.
5. (2:05) Mystery In My Mind - This one has a twangy guitar part. Another great track.
6. (3:10) Out The Door - Sunny day music, horns, good but not my favorite.
7. (2:48) Pillar Of Salt - Not a cover of The Thermals' track, but it is a fuzzier, rockier track.
8. (3:34) Something I Have To Do - Midtempo and mellow.
9. (2:37) We Will Get Through This - Another Dinosaur Jr. esq track.
10. (3:06) Don't Mind Me - Uptempo, another great melody.
11. (2:43) Muddy Water - A little fuzzier again, more female vocal harmonies.
12. (3:20) Power Lines - A lot of fuzz, also one of the best tracks on the record. A little heavier, favorite melody, great.
13. (4:02) Let's Get This Thing In Motion - Down tempo, minimal, great close to the record.