|Massy, Mike / Naseej|
|Artist:||Massy, Mike||Added:||May 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-05-15||Pull Date:||2015-07-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 19||Jul 5||Jun 28||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24|
|1.||May 22, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|4.||Dec 11, 2018:||Clean Copper Radio & Hot Topics |
Ya Nassim Al Rih (Unplugged Version)
|2.||May 15, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
Ya Nassim Al Rih, Ajibtou Minka Wa Minni
|5.||Dec 13, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
|3.||Apr 10, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
Ya Nassim Al Rih
|6.||Dec 08, 2016:||Melange |
Ajibtou Minka Wa Minni
This is Lebanese singer Mike Massy’s second CD and here he is joined by Marcel Khalife’s nephews Sary and Ayad. This is a departure from his first CD in that it is in classical Arabic and weaves old musical traditions from the East and the West in new, innovative ways. Naseej refers to a woven work.|
1. Ya Mijana – Traditional Mawwal folkloric chant weaved in a new way.
2. Rouhmak Ya Allah – Prayer to God, mixing Christian and Muslim chants with Baroque music.
3. Gharabat Choumous Al Talaki – Medieval song with falsetto voice mixed with strings. Based on poem by Al-Musawi.
4. **Ya Nassim Al Rih – Poem by Sufi poet Al Hallaj, remade as a ballad.
5. Safar – Instrumental track; upbeat.
6. **Ajibtou Minka Wa Minni – Grand duet with Fadia Tomb El-Hage.
7. Lawhat Al Ors – Traditional wedding chants resurrected and woven into a rich musical tapestry.
8. Naseej – Instrumental; Virtuosity; no lyrics but amazing vocal acrobatics.
9. Salat Taghour – Philosophical poem, made up of one verse “Oh Lord if you grace me with me with wealth, don’t take away my happiness..”
10. **Ya Nassim Al Rih (Unplugged) – Different version of track 4 above.
**Best tracks 4, 6, 10
|1.||Ya Mijana||6.||Ajibtou Minka Wa Minni|
|2.||Rouhmak Ya Allah||7.||Lawhat El Ors|
|3.||Gharabat Choumous Al Talaki||8.||Naseej|
|4.||Ya Nassim Al Rih||9.||Salat Taghour|
|5.||Safar||10.||Ya Nassim Al Rih (Unplugged Version)|