This is a collection of songs written by Karen Dalton but never recorded. Each track is a different female vocalist, super interesting and lots of gems. Includes performances from Sharon Van Etten, Julia Holter, Lucinda Williams and more.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 8, 9
1. (3:37) Sharon Van Etton - Remembering Mountains - Down tempo, steel brushes on drums, piano, and Sharon. Beautiful.
2. (3:26) Patty Green - All That Shines Is Not Truth - Piano and distant vocals. Raspy and awesome.
3. (3:23) Diane Cluck - This Is Our Love - Sounds more like Regina Spektor, harmonies, super interesting.
4. (6:44) Julia Holter - My Love, My Love - Whispered vocals, and tones, very weird, but very beautiful.
5. (3:53) Lucinda Williams - Met An Old Friend - Yep, love Lucinda Williams, that voice is one of my very favorites. Great song.
6. (5:03) Marissa Nadler - So Long Ago And Far Away - Amazing melody, distorted echoey vocals.
7. (4:31) Laurel Halo - Blue Notion - Not my favorite, a little too weird for my taste but some people may like it.
8. (2:52) Larkin Grimm - For The Love I'm In - Banjo and harmonies.
9. (3:57) Isobel Campbell - Don't Make It Easy - Twangy and down tempo.
10. (2:59) Tara Jane O'neil - At Last The Night Has Ended - Love this one, another beautiful vocal showcase.
11. (2:14) Josephine Foster - Met An Old Friend - Reprise, bluesy vintage feel.