|Parlour Tricks / Broken Hearts/Bones|
|Add Date:||2015-08-28||Pull Date:||2015-10-30|
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep|
|1.||Sep 11, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Oct 31, 2015) |
|4.||Oct 31, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Sep 09, 2021:||Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Oct 2, 2015) |
|5.||Oct 28, 2015:||Home on the Range |
The Storm, Gone, Lovesongs
|3.||Jul 17, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 29, 2015) |
|6.||Oct 17, 2015:||Mix Tape (Sub for Matt) |
NYC band Parlour Tricks just released this debut record on Bar/None. It is super cool. Reminds me of a more electronic version of PHOX (a hit at KZSU last year). It is all about that lead vocal and those three part harmonies. I think the record is great and worth listening to, so I hope you enjoy! RIYL: PHOX, GIVERS,…etc.|
FCCs: Track 6
Favorites: 2, 4, 8, **10**
1. (4:10) Lovesongs - Indie-pop, her voice reminds me a bit of PHOX as far as the vocals go, but the music is very electronic, unlike that band. Super cool first track.
2. (3:26) Gone - Love this song, great beginning to end. Simple instrumentation, infectious, love.
3. (3:32) The Storm - Mid-tempo groove. Not the best track on the album but still super cool.
4. (3:43) Broken Hearts/Bones - Love this one, starts super mellow, snaps and keyboard with cool harmonies. Builds slightly with some strings and some ukulele. Simple, sweet, awesome.
5. (3:41) Easy - Not my favorite, still a solid track though, more of the same.
6. FCC Mother Fucker (3:11) Bukowski - Funky, cool base line, but you cant play it.
7. (3:52) Walk in the Park - Could be an M83 song with that opening, pretty vocals, more great melodies.
8. (3:39) Little Angel - This one is less synthy, almost a GIVERS-esq guitar part. Like this one a lot.
9. (3:56) When the Stars Went Out - This one is boring.
10. (3:53) Requiem - SUPER COOL SONG. Love the piano on this, great end to the record.
|2.||Gone||7.||Walk In The Park|
|3.||The Storm||8.||Little Angel|
|4.||Broken Hearts/Bones||9.||When The Starts Went Out|