|Scenic Void / Scenic Void Ep|
|Album:||Scenic Void Ep||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2015-08-17||Pull Date:||2015-10-19|
|Week Ending:||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||13 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 06 Apr 16:||Plobs|
The Offbeat Generation
|4.||Wed, 07 Oct 15:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
|2.||Sat, 24 Oct 15:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
|5.||Wed, 30 Sep 15:||DJ Teddy Tesla|
|3.||Wed, 07 Oct 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|6.||Fri, 25 Sep 15:||Mister Esquire|
Alt rock, in a very ‘90s math rock way. Very friendly and listenable, if a little amateur. Guitar, male voice (usually), electronic accents, strings combine to make a pleasant jangle. This LP oscillates between a desire to be harsh/edgy and a desire to be friendly, but even when these guys get angry, they sound so earnest that you can’t believe that they’re really upset. Rough around the edges artistically, but I guess that’s forgivable on a first LP.|
Try 1 or 3.
1) “Blue Lamp” (3:00): Walking pace. We have some la-dee-da-dums here, which is, you know, great if you like that sort of thing. Very friendly beat.
2) “Melatonin” (4:25): Alternates between pleasant restrained sections and ones which are a little more chaotic, where the guitars are allowed to rock and scream a little bit.
3) “The Circle Turns” (3:05): Female voice. Strings. There’s a nice sense of tension on this one.
4) “Home” (2:05): A little faster. Lots of layers, but I’m not sure it manages to coalesce into something powerful before the song is over.
5) “You Again” (2:30): Upbeat little song. “You’re always inside of my head.”
|1.||Blue Lamp||3.||The Circle Turns|