|Teen Daze / Morning World|
|Label:||Paper Bag Records|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct|
|1.||Fri, 18 Dec 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: Best of 2015 [FQ1511-2]
|4.||Sat, 12 Dec 15:||Victoria|
|2.||Thu, 17 Dec 15:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Fri, 11 Dec 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [FQ1510-3]
|3.||Wed, 16 Dec 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|6.||Thu, 10 Dec 15:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
Morning World, a captivating pop recording from Vancouver's Teen Daze, is full of long ethereal intros, whispering vocals, and radical upbeat changes featuring string instruments and synthesizers. For his sixth album, instead of releasing another electro-ambient recording, prolific musician Jamison (one name only) constructs a perplexing recording where melody, rhythm, and song structure are unorthodoxly arranged playing with perceptions of how to construct a pop song; for example, Post Storm, an almost six-minute long track, incorporates singing only until the last minute of the tune. To make it more interesting, Morning World also integrates elements of chillwave, folk rock, and 1990’s underground pop, making the record, despite its mellow vibe, a playful exercise in pop aspiration. |
RIYL: Pure Bathing Culture, Washed Out, Memory Tapes, Juana Molina, and Midlake.
Recommended Tracks: 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10
1. (2:40) Valley of Gardens – Cello intro, ends a cappella.
2. (3:06) Pink – Mid-tempo soft tune. Reminiscent of 1970’s AM radio.
3. (4:16) **Morning World – Pleasant, upbeat synthesizer driven track. Nostalgic melody. Fall is here.
4. (4:05) **It Starts at the Water – Slow track that dramatically builds up part by part. Exquisite.
5. (5:45) *Post Storm – Think Pink Floyd pre-dark side period. Vocals kick in at minute 4:49. Trippy.
6. (4:44) **Life in the Sea – Another pop gem. Killer string arrangements. Noticeable.
7. (3:13) You Said – Upbeat semi-electronic instrumental.
8. (1:58) *Garden Grove – Acoustic track, quiet and charming.
9. (3:53) Along – Psychedelic ballad with slow intro.
10. (4:08) *Infinity – Catchy upbeat composition reminiscent of Real State.
11. (3:39) Good Night – Slow piano driven track. Sweet.
|1.||Valley Of Gardens||6.||Life In The Sea|
|3.||Morning World||8.||Garden Grove|
|4.||It Starts At The Water||9.||Along|